1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Mail Droid

Last Updated:

1. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Folks
    I just wanted to let you know that i have just installed Maildroid, and i think its fantastic!!, its so much better than the stock version, and it displays all my emails correctly inc all pictures, the stock version & k9(that i have now uninstalled) couldnt do this!!!

It supports multiple accounts, and has quite a few options, you can also get an add on that allows you to save attachments to the SD card, its still in Beta but i reckon this could be a winner :)

The only downside is that it ad supported.

I suggest you take a look and see what you are missing ;)

Maildroid

Pete

P.s i have nothing to do with this program, i just think praise should be given when its due, i have also emailed the dev to say what a great job he's doing :)

Advertisement
    phonuzer and jay_kay like this.
  2. hapearso

hapearso Member

I completely agree with peter7769 on this. I tried K9 for my POP email accounts as well and it did not work nearly as well as Maildroid. The developer has done an outstanding job with the app. There is still some room for improvement, but it's still in beta.

3. amethyst27

amethyst27 New Member

So, I know that I am missing something....why can't I see that I have replied to or forwarded an email when I look at my inbox?? is there a feature for this?

4. phonuzer

phonuzer New Member

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one.

On a bit of a side note regarding the standard email app installed on Droids: is there a way to move the bar at the top of the app (that allows one to choose between accounts ) down to the bottom of the screen?

It would make things a lot easier on my hand!

Thanks for any help, P

5. NumbLock

NumbLock New Member

Hello All. I am running the latest version of MailDroid but cannot for the life of me figure out how to view the SMTP/IMAP settings of the default account. I've been through all of the menus to no avail. Any help appreciated.

6. Benj98

Benj98 New Member

With my stock email version, I am able to save email to my phone calendar. Is this possible with MailDroid. I find this feature very valuable and the only reason I would keep using the stock version on my samsung.

7. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

My K9 shows all the pictures..? Do you mean html emails? I initially tried Maildroid as a push service but found it unreliable is and k9 has never given me my issues.. But I may reconsider as I did the ui of Maildroid

8. bthomson100

bthomson100 New Member

Did you ever get a reply on this? I too can't find the SMTP setting for my default account and I think it's wrong because I can't send mail from Maildroid from my Acer A100 running ICS.

9. allana13

allana13 Member

Dont Know
    What i would do without mail droid

10. johnc214

johnc214 New Member

Does anyone know if MailDroid works right with AOL email (I know I know.. but have to keep it for now due to job search stuff). Works GREAT with Yahoo and gmail, but AOL will not synch back to the server. That is stuff on the computer synchs great with the tablet, but nothing on the tablet synches back to the server. Yahoo/gmail do, but not AOL. Can't figure out what is causing that. Please help!

11. maildroiddev

maildroiddev Well-Known Member

Yes, it does

12. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Well-Known Member

Is there a user manual for mail droid? I can't for the life of me figure out how to switch to the next message (either previous or following) in my inbox from a current message without going back to the inbox. Most email programs I have used have a next or previous arrow or you can swipe to get to the next message.

13. maildroiddev

maildroiddev Well-Known Member

That feature is only available in the pro version.

14. rishman1

rishman1 New Member

Maildroid has worked fine for me for over a year but recently, it does this thing where I suppose if it doesn't get a good connection, an outgoing email gets stuck in the outbox. It doesn't give any indication that the email didn't get sent, and it just stays in the outbox I'm assuming indefinitely (definitely at least for days, as I've found that happen before), until I happen to realize it never got sent and send it again. I've tried to find a setting that would tell it to keep trying to send an email, but I haven't found any such thing. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

15. markdoc

markdoc Well-Known Member

To those that need to find the SMTP info, here it is: it may be a little different because I use the pro version:
    On the too left, tap in the three bars. Then tap on "Manage Accounts". Pick the account you want and tap on the three dots. From there, just choose what you want; I think you'd want "Server Settings". Hope that helped.

16. grunt0300

grunt0300 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the screen opens in the "pro" version? I need that function. Thanks.:(

17. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

What do you mean "the screen opens in the pro version"? Maildroid Pro is the paid version of the app, so if you are using that app you are using the pro version.

Or if you mean "does the screen open" when using that app, what screen are you referring to?

18. grunt0300

Sorry, let me clarify. When an email hits my phone, the notification sound comes on, the LED light blinks, but the lock screen stays black. I'm hoping that Mail Droid Pro addresses this issue. Thanks.:)

19. Hadron

On my phone it will wake the screen (HTC One M7, Lollipop, custom ROM). That's all I can say though.

20. grunt0300

Not on mine. Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I found a work around, using Dynamic Notifications, from the Play Store. Basically, it's another lock screen, but it does the job.

21. grunt0300

@Hadron: As a MailDroid user, could you please tell me if it has a widget for "combined" inboxes. This is a must for me. Thanks again for your help.:)

22. Hadron

Actually I'm not currently using MailDroid (though I temporarily reinstalled it the other day to confirm that my memory of it waking the screen was correct). And I've never used an email widget, so can't answer that one from experience.

I did try to restore my Titanium backup of it to check (since that would be quicker than setting multiple accounts up on it again, which I'd guess is needed before I can have a combined inbox), but for some reason Ti is having trouble restoring stuff on my phone at the moment - I'll need to debug that before I can answer (that's something I'll want to sort out anyway).

23. Hadron

Wow, that was a pain! Anyway, got Titanium sorted, so...

Anyway, yes, the Maildroid Pro inbox widget can show the combined inbox.

grunt0300 likes this.