mail in rebate

Last Updated:

1. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sprint rep said in a few weeks.

a few weeks my @#$%

wonder how much $$ they make off forgetful people?

:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

This is more of a Sprint issue rather than a Moment issue, moving it to the Sprint section. I'll even let Chris explain why you have to wait so long.

3. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

Where do you get the paperwork for the MIR anyways?

4. maddmatt02

maddmatt02 Well-Known Member

mine always come in the box with my phones, but I get my phones a different way than you do I bet. but last time we did have to call and "settle" the problem because they had lost it or something, but we did get our money in the end.

5. WORLD OF HURTS

WORLD OF HURTS Member

Sprint Rep told me 8 to 32 weeks to get the rebate. I told him i'll just get it from BestBuy. He actually asked me why I would do that. Maybe because it's where they don't charge you the mail in rebate and they do the same service of activating the phone for you. He still made it sound like I was making a big mistake. Sprint reps make a commission where BesyBuy does not. Save your money Shop at BestBuy!

6. maddmatt02

not sure about that, as pushy as those SOBs are in best buy, Id be willing to bet they make a commision on sales. I cant get out of there without telling at least 5 people Im just looking, if I looked lost then sure, maybe you think I need help. but if I already have the dang movie in my hand and am reading the back, then it should be pretty obvious that I dont need help finding something because I have already found it...

7. bxtzd3

bxtzd3 Well-Known Member

not to stick up for them but i was in bb looking and over heard a supervisor telling them to ask people if they need help and then actually tell one dude that they noticed him asking people this and how they were all impressed with his performance. there just trying to make some cash. i have to step back and say that sometimes.

8. maddmatt02

I understand that they want to make money, just gets annoying after you keep getting asked over and over. in reality that place isnt so bad though, sears here is much worse, at least in the appliance section, and ace hardware is the worst, they wait for you at the front door and try to follow you where you know you are going to "help" and then after 5 minutes of them trying to help you, you just have to take whatever peice they are offering and thank them and then when they leave (hopefully they do, sometimes theyll want to follow you to your next venture) you put the part back and grab what you needed right from the spot you knew where it was at. thats why I avoid ace and try to go to HD or lowes. Im sure they are trained to try and be as helpful as they can, but most of the time they know less about whats in their store and where it is than I do.

9. WORLD OF HURTS

WORLD OF HURTS Member

One thing that you guys probably don't even think about is security. Employees are trained to ask customers if they need a hand to find someting not only for customer service but also to prevent theft. It is true that if you ask someone if they need help they now know you might be watching them and are likely not to try to take something.
    Trust me it can be a pain in the butt but they are only doing what they are told to do.

10. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I hate rebates, but at least Sprint has never screwed me on rebates. Rebates all take 6-10 weeks or so. I've been fairly happy with receiving the Sprint rebate.

11. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Even better when you forget about it! Then one day, <<BAM!!!>> you check the mail, and theres a check there... It's fun to get money that you forgot about. Esp. on a bad day. :D

12. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

yeahppp... its like gettin Royalty checks :D

13. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I got my Hero at BB and not only did I not have to wait for a MIR, but I got my upgrade for the new customer price of $100.