1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Mail Notification/Touchdown Question

Last Updated:

1. rprice99

rprice99 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All - I am a new user of the Motorola Droid 2. I am a corporate user on an exchange server and I am using Touchdown.

I am trying to figure out how to configure the device so that I receive Sound alerts for text messages but NOT sound alerts for emails. I want visual notification for either.

When I go into Touchdown and configure email alerts if I "Use system settings" I get the visual notification in the top bar of the screen but I also get a vibrate and ring. If I select "use custom notification" I can turn off the sound but then I do not get any visual notification in the top bar.

Anyone have ideas?

Advertisement
  2. yoyocallmemj

yoyocallmemj Member

I have a samsung fascinate which is an android phone. When I go into my email alert settings, i select customize settings. I can check or uncheck "play sound" and then choose what sound I want..I think if I uncheck play sound it still shows in the notification bar. I'm almost positive it does. However, if that doesn't work for you, then why don't you just create a "blank" custom sound and use that for your notification.

3. schmidtaj

schmidtaj New Member

Did you ever find a solution for this?

4. Xjph

Xjph New Member

I know this is somewhat old, but as a solution why not just select a custom notification sound for TouchDown and is just silence. Record an empty wav file with sound recorder or whatever and set that.

A little awkward, but it would work.