Mail over wifi sucksSupport

Last Updated:

1. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, I do know that many people are having this problem with Yahoo! mail... at least the free Yahoo! mail... that it will only work over 3G and not wifi. Well, I am having that problem as well as one with my hotmail account. Hotmail seems to retrieve the email over wifi, but when I click within a message to "See remaining (x)k I will get the notification that "This message is no longer available on server". Also, even though I have it checked in settings, deleting a message on my phone will not delete it on the server.

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to these problems. In this case, simply switching to gmail is not the solution I am looking for.

Advertisement
  2. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad. I don't seem to get my mail pushed to me in the Gmail app while I'm on wifi. I have to do a manual refresh for it to show up.

3. attesan997

attesan997 Member

I just notice this a couple of hours ago. I regularly switch to wifi at home and I was surfing on my desktop when I noticed I got a message. I looked over at the phone and nothing. I restarted and sent a test message but it could've just been good timing on my part that I sent the message as the phone checked for email. I thought I was going crazy.

4. justbrae1

justbrae1 Well-Known Member

Are you all sure you have "automatically sync" turned on in the "Accounts and Sync" area? Mine pushes over wifi just fine.

5. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

weird i get my stuff super quick. if i'm at home on wifi i get at the same time as my computer.

6. attesan997

attesan997 Member

Scratch that, my issue now doesn't seem to be wifi related. I just watched a gmail pop up appear on my desktop and I looked down to see nothing waiting on the incredible. Auto sync is on in settings. Funny, I remember that I used to get notifications faster than my desktop computer just a few days ago.

7. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The issue still exist for hotmail and yahoo. Tested it again last night, and Yahoo will not connect if wifi is enabled, even if 3g is also. Hotmail is hit or miss. Kind of an annoying problem, but I guess we just have to live with it.

8. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Op I was having the same problem.

Here is a tip: Yahoo! Asia

Now I get my mail trough WiFi and not only 3g... forwarded all my Yahoo! Mail to gmail and I couldnt be happier...

9. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

10. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

+1

11. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member

same with EAS. This seems to be a known issue.

12. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Yahoo has explicitly disabled some forms of access that are not over a phone network (which is why Wifi is causing you grief). The problem is Yahoo.

13. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member

Then how come people are having the same problem with Exchage push over wifi?