Mail problems

Last Updated:

1. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had my phone a little while now its with t mobile i have set up two emails account on the phone they are tiscali acoounts, when i set the accounts out i had to change the outgoing address to t-email rather than tiscali as mail would not send unless connected to my wifi so when out and about it sends fine but once its connected to wifi i cant send any i have to turn it off and send via mobile internet.

lol did that make any sense at all:) and is there any solutions for this problem, i imagine its something straight forward that i seem to be missing:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It's standard security practice to prevent connection to outgoing mail servers from outwith the 'home' network. I use Google Mail to get round this - my various mailboxes are forwarded to my GMail account and replies are sent via that service.

3. rustynuts

ok mate cheers at least its not me doing something wrong lol i take it i just go to my gmail account and work it out from there then:)

4. rustynuts

:Dcheers for the help that didnt take long too sort out i suppose i have to delete the accounts i set up on the hero and just use the google one otherwise i would get double emails, is that right?

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Set it up from your Google Mail web page, under Settings (I think). There are quite a few options, one of which is for replies to use the original To: address which makes the process transparent to your correspondents.

You shouldn't have to delete accounts in the Mail app, just disable fetching (or whatever it's called - haven't used it in months). That way you've still got the option to use it manually if required.

6. stryder

stryder Member

How do I disable the Mail? I use only gmail on my hero and the mail app keeps launching ( seen it a few times in the taskiller app) - I don't have an account configured.

7. DexKen

DexKen Active Member

Don't disable Mail, it's a required service even for Gmail. Add it to your ignore list in Taskkiller