Mailbox like my curve?Support

Last Updated:

1. kfarny

kfarny New Member This Topic's Starter

I am interested in this device, and have searched the forum for an answer to this question:

Can I set the Incredible up like my curve, so that all of my email accounts and fb posts etc go to one "mailbox"? Is there a program to do this?
    This is very likely the only thing that would stop me from purchasing one of these.

Advertisement
  2. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

I believe this has been asked and answered before .. I am not 100% but I believe the answer is NO.

It makes me laugh though, that the worst feature of the BlackBerry (in my opinion) is one that would stop you from buying a superior phone.

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Go in and take a look at how Incred handles this stuff. I think you will find it is very different but even better than you think.

4. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Coming from a Blackberry, I also like the single mailbox for all mail / facebook, IM, etc.

If the default Inbox can't do it, I would be interested in an App that duplicates it.

5. slinky317

slinky317 Well-Known Member

With the notification drawer, I don't see why you really need one inbox. When you pull down the drawer, it shows you all your unread messages so you can go to any one.

6. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

You can use K-9 for a single integrated inbox for your email accounts.

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

+1
    With K9, you have the option of viewing all emails in an integrated inbox or viewing each account separately.

8. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

9. silver8

silver8 New Member

I have been using the Motorola Droid since May 1. I have owned an Iphone for a year. I used several PDA/Phones for 10 years.
    I just started using a BB Curve 8330 because Droid keeps crashing so much.
    The single mailbox in the middle of the screen is fantastic because it is so fast and brilliant. I can just click through my sometimes 10-20 messages, every hour, in SMS, multiple mail alias, in just a few seconds. This Linear method of reading messages is my favorite. And takes the least amount of time. I hate the Android method of having to change mailboxes constantly.
    Seems like the Android designers never used a Blackberry but it is very disappointing to just discover a Blackberry. Where have I been. Now I know why a Blackberry is so popular. I hope they keep this feature on compiling all messages into one mailbox. I have tried the linear feature of checking SMS on the Droid but it crashes constantly. I am currently going to sell my Droid and use the old Blackberry Curve since it is so fast and reliable in this matter.
    I hope that Android keeps getting better and better. I am looking forward to seeing the reviews of the Blackberry 9800 Slider.