Main charger for HTC desireAccessories

Last Updated:

1. sapiro

sapiro New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a charger for the HTC Desire..
    I received a model called "AC-10E".
    The same specs except the DC 5.0V/ 1200mA
    In the original HTC charger 1A only!
    The AC-10E (original for Nokia) its a 1200mA output, and i just wanna be sure it not gonna damage my battery.

Advertisement
  2. coxer

coxer Member

3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

The battery won't be affected by the higher current level for two reasons. First the current at 1200mA is less than 1C charge rate (1.4C for the Desire battery), so you won't hurt the battery pack. Second is the charge rate is controlled by the charging circuit which will prevent the battery from being charged at too high a rate, so again it won't hurt the battery. Gotta love LiIon technology in many of todays devices, you can't hurt them (within reason).

The problem with a higher rated charging unit is the USB specifications and the small circuits can only handle 1000mA of current. Which is the maximum current rating, so technically 1200mA is too much for the circuits. It's close enough that it probably won't be an issue, but I'd rather stay at or on the lower side of the max rating to ensure the USB port is not overdriven with current. If there is a failure, HTC repair techs may notice that the circuits were driven too high and not honour warranty repairs.

And who wants to send their shiny phone in to the repair shop for the sake of 12mins faster charging?
    :eek: