Main clock not animated?

Last Updated:

1. bp_e11even

bp_e11even Member This Topic's Starter

In the product demo for the HTC Hero, as soon as the home screen is shown, the clock animates flipping numbers to the correct time. I've fiddled with a few settings and I can't seem to get that to happen to my clock. Am I missing something or is something turned off?

Also, am I having major troubles switching the weather from Toronto to my current city. I've added the weather for my city and changed my location but when I go into weather and set Hamilton then hit home, it still shows Toronto. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Not sure about your 2nd problem, but the flipping animation was removed by HTC in their update to reduce lag on the home screens.

3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The flip clock was lost with the 2.73.... update. Style lost to speed gain I'm afraid.

4. bp_e11even

bp_e11even Member This Topic's Starter

That's pretty weak... I had the white circle clock with the black ticks animating when I first set up my phone and now it doesn't seem to do it anymore either..

5. alb917

alb917 New Member

that's disappointing that they didn't at least let the user decide how they wanted it to work. they could have put a setting somewhere to turn animation on or off, depending on your performance needs over your aesthetic needs