maintain fast speed after reboot

Last Updated:

1. buMitch333

buMitch333 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I notice that after awhile the speed of the phone slows down quite a bit when I haven't rebooted the phone. Is there any way to maintain the fast speeds without having to occasionally reboot? Not using any task killers either btw

Advertisement
  2. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

From my personal experience, not using a task killer causes the phone to bog down after a while. People say Android does a good job of memory and process management, but in my experience, it's not that great.

3. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Smart phones nowadays are like mini computers. Especially the Hi-end phones like the Androids and the iPhones. Like any computer, they need to be rebooted to clear all that built up information and cache. I think its a good thing to reboot every now and again. I have noticed after the update, its takes a little longer to reboot though.

4. buMitch333

I don't really mind rebooting if it Is something that is necessary I was just hoping there was n easier solution b/c I really enjoy how fast it is after reboot

5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Although a lot of people do not like to use a task killer, there are others, like myself, that use one effectively. I use Advanced Task Killer, but I set mine up for manual task kills, not automatic - that's the difference. If you don't know what you're killing in the presets, then don't come crying to the forums later.

^as an example

6. buMitch333

Ya I was using ATK a little while ago but I felt like every time I opened It there was 10 or so apps running that I never opened and I just became more and more frustrated each time I used It lol so I'm a bit weary of going back to using it again

7. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

This was one of the reasons I liked the BB Bold 9650 for the month I had it before I picked up the Evo.

You could set a time for when the phone would turn off and on. So I would set it to reboot during the night. It was pretty nice.

8. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

If you have pro version of ATK, it works well in place of a reboot.

What I have done in the past is open ATK, only exclude system required apps and services. Then exit the app. Place the Kill widget on a screen. After 6-8 hours when you start to notice the bog down, click the widget and it will kill EVERYTHING not system related.

I don't use it anymore, the above works great, but when I have a task killer I can't keep myself from repeatedly opening it every 30 minutes and going kill crazy. I think that is the downside of the task killers, but it's my own addiction.

Now I use AutoKiller, I set a custom preset of 90/100/115 and i NEVER get any Bog down. Requires root.

buMitch333 likes this.