Maintain Icon Order in FoldersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dinc Unrooted, Using Sense...all normal stuff here. Thought I'd start by saying that.

Now...I have seen this happen many times on my Phone. I have folders on my Homescreen with Shortcuts/Apps in them. Inside a given folder, I have a SPECIFIC ORDER to my Shortcuts/Apps. For whatever reason, my phone will decide to mess up that order that I created.

Various things seem to trigger my phone to re-arrange the Icons in my folders. For example, unplugging my phone from my computer after disk use triggers it.

Does anyone else experience this? Can anyone help me resolve this issue? A fix? a setting to maintain order? An app (free hopefully)?

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I use Folder Organizer for my home screen folders and I don't think they have ever rearranged themselves (at least not that I noticed).

While it clearly defaults to my order (which is actually alphabetical) it also has options in the app to to sort them yourself.

Folder Organizer is not free, but it does have a free version under another name, App Organizer. Though I can't guarantee that it has the same sorting features since I never used that one.

3. mrootes

mrootes Well-Known Member

I use Folder Organizer too and I sort them in order as well. Decent program once you learn how to use it.

4. Stupifier

Ya, I already tried out the free version....it does what I want but does not allow for shortcut creation with paying. Maybe I'll shell out the cash.....

I'm poor grad student though

Edit: Ok, $1.36 is pretty cheap.....I'll buy it.

5. Stupifier

**UPDATE**
    I purchased Folder Organizer.

It turns out that there is a problem with Folder Organizer. For some reason Folder Organizer has issues detecting particular shortcuts...such as the ones I want to create. I use the App 'EvenGhost'. Whenever I attempt to create an EvenGhost shortcut in Folder Organizer, Folder Organizer never detects it. The shortcut is simply placed on my homescreen and never reaches Folder Organizer.

Anyone got any other solutions to my original problem.
    How do I maintain specific icon arrangements in Folders?

PS: I posted about this problem in the Folder Organizer forums. It appears there are other apps that Folder Organizer has the same problems with. Sucks