• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Maintenance update released.

damink23

Jul 2, 2010
Had not heard anything about this, but SPRINT is posting it.

12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1

*Enhancements/Fixes:*
-Blockbuster (including WM DRM 10)
-Kindle eReader
-Preloaded try/buy video game: NOVA from Gameloft
-Sprint Zone update
-Latest Telenav
-Latest Visual Voicemail Application
-Latest Sprint TV application
-SWYPE keyboard
-Scan Now Widget for 4G

*Important Notes:*
The new software version is: *3.70.651.1*
Access the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...nance-releases for install instructions

read here!

OTA_supersonic_3.70 + full RUU - xda-developers

this info posted by joeykrim
Fixes:
NEW FEATURES / SERVICES IN MR3
- Blockbuster (including WM DRM 10)
- Kindle eReader
- Preloaded try/buy video game: NOVA from Gameloft
- Sprint Zone update
- Latest Telenav
- Latest VVM App
- Latest Sprint TV app
- SWYPE Keyboard
- Scan Now Widget for 4G (does not need to be available on any panel, just a widget option users could find and use).
- SLATE ICD Port to support retail / testing

also posted here - http://pastebin.com/sKLKmyuW

Reactions: JTL2 and ODog2323
Upvote 0
What region are you in? I assume this is how they get pushed out, by regions

Im in northern virginia... got the kindle app to work but the blockbuster app is giving me all kinds of problems. Swype is an adventure, im sure there is going to be a learning curve.

And by the way, I dont know if this matters but I found it by going into the setting and cling on HTC software update, it wasnt pushed straight to my phone.

Upvote 0
Im downloading now, and im in Southern Cali, and my phoner isnt rooted. I let you guys know how it goes as it finishes. If your looking where to get it, go to your settings then click on HTC update. Just an FYI, there is a PRL update as well.

60672 came out a couple weeks ago ;)
I'll keep checking for this update OCD style lol...I'm in Missouri and still nothing!
Those of you who do get it...keep us updated with your impressions please :) Also, theres some speculation that hardware versions may be controlling who gets it (now) and who isn't. I'm on 0002

Upvote 0
60672 came out a couple weeks ago ;)
I'll keep checking for this update OCD style lol...I'm in Missouri and still nothing!
Those of you who do get it...keep us updated with your impressions please :)

UHhhhhh I know that.... uhhhhh Ok I lied I didn't know that!

Didn't update my PRL since I got my EVo 5 days ago.... man I wish those would do an automatic update so I don't have to wonder when I new one comes out.

Ill update as soon as my D/L is finished, unfortunate I am at work and we don't have wireless so I have to do OTA. BAH!

Upvote 0
I'm hoping we can opt out of the swype keyboard setup... I don't care for it..

Don't worry, it will surely just install the keyboard and make it optional. You should be able to long press in a text box and press Input Method and then choose which keyboard you want to use. :)

Dang, I feel like I'm posting in this thread way too much but I'm layin here on the couch with nothing to do before work but watch the Price is Right :(

Upvote 0
Why was this moved to Support and Troubleshooting? Is this release broken?

I was having issues, mainly with the blockbuster app. That transformed into a data connection loss for everything from the browser to google maps. After a second reboot thought everything appears to be working normally. Keeping my fingers crossed because the blockbuster app was going nuts when I first downloaded the updated. Force close 5 times in about 5 minutes. Kept opening itself up and locking up. Thankfully it doesnt appear to be doing that anymore.

Upvote 0
Wow.. what a crap update. I already had Nova trial and didn't care for it.

I already have the kindle app.

I don't have blockbuster online, I have netflix. Why the hell would I want blockbuster?

I've had swype beta since launch but don't use it anymore.

I welcome bug fixes but I really hope I can uninstall the unwanted bloatware.

Upvote 0
Wow.. what a crap update. I already had Nova trial and didn't care for it.

I already have the kindle app.

I don't have blockbuster online, I have netflix. Why the hell would I want blockbuster?

I've had swype beta since launch but don't use it anymore.

I welcome bug fixes but I really hope I can uninstall the unwanted bloatware.

I didn't know you can netflix from the evo phone, can you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones