Major Android Usage Issue after Froyo .3 Update!Support

Last Updated:

1. mrkauffman

mrkauffman Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

i updated with the "unofficial" .3 update and ever since then my battery has been complete crap.

well today i looked at my usage and the android system is up at 96%!!!!!

can someone please tell me WTH is going on. on 2.1 i could last 2 days without recharging and i use my phones internet quite a bit. it was never like this.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

Best thing i can suggest is do a hard reset. I updated to .3 leak as well and had crummy battery life. Did a back up of my Launcher Pro system and then used Mybackup to back up all Apps, Msgs and call logs as well as other stuff.

Did the hard reset and from there restored all settings.

Once restored i turned off Auto-Sync and then stopped auto sign in from G-Talk and im getting much better battery life then with 2.1. I used to get 1 day heavy use or 2 days with lite use. Im about 1.5 times better with 2.2 installed now.

Read around and most issues with 2.2 will result in a hard reset as a fix.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

4. mrkauffman

mrkauffman Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys. unfortunately the one thing i was trying to avoid was a hard reset, seems like i have no other choice. since updating to froyo my phone is a POS, and this battery/android usage issue is the killer.

5. B Allen

B Allen Active Member

Wow. I just noticed this as well after seeing my batter drain - I'm fairly certain I checked this post update and my Android usage was normal. I'm at 94% right now. WTF.

6. karong

karong Well-Known Member

My Android usage is high too after the update. Not as high as the OP but I say at about 35-40% when it used to be about 20-25% on 2.1. i did the hard reset as well and unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

7. B Allen

B Allen Active Member

Well, I just powered down my phone and rebooted it and it seems to have fixed it. Strange - like I said, I know I've looked at the battery usage before and the AS was never that high.

After 2 min post reboot: 64%
    6 min: 43%
    14 min: 27%
    28 min: 18%

Mine is usually in the 20's from what I recall.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Please understand that the facebook 1.3 revision is known to be killing everyone's performance - and I would urge all to read this thread's first post.

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Really, truly.

There's a whole lot more there than just a factory reset.

And by the way - you're probably still going to need a factory reset.

Signed,
    Just the Messenger

9. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

ive tested this over and over as i have the same problem. for me anyways it tends to do this when i calibrate the g-sensor. and then android system will be just like your picture till i reset the phone

10. B Allen

B Allen Active Member

Good find. I never calibrated my g-sensor until the night before last, and I just noticed the issue yesterday.