• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major battery problem - instant drain

lawrencex2

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
Hello,

I have a HTC Sensation 4g with ICS. Recently i have started to have a problem with a instant battery drain or battery charging issues. It will be 70% and then crash and after reboot it will display 3% - 4%. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem and how to fix.

I am thinking that there is a problem with charging and battery stats. May only charging to 30% but showing 100% and stopping the charge but unsure.

Does anyone know how to reset battery stats. I have read that a factory reset does not wipe battery stats so i have not done this.

Below you will see a screen shot of the battery usage and the instant drain.

lawrencex2-albums-androidproblems-picture6596-instant-battery-drain.png

Thank you for your time and help,
Larry

Greetings lawrencex2,

Welcome to the forums.

What I see in the picture you posted is a phone sitting at 3% after a day and a half. I don't think that is unreasonable.

If it crashes at 70% and reboots showing 2 or 3, then you might have a bad battery.

Can you leave it plugged in and not have a crash?

I don't think a factory reset will change battery stats.

I would suggest trying a new battery. Sounds like the one your using is having charge issues.

The sensation was released a year ago, so if your using the original battery, it just might have reached it's limit.

Here is a link to the forum for you device.

HTC Sensation 4G - Android Forums

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Well I went into recovery and back and the battery went to 40% and has lasted another whole day of usage. I used the camera, web browsing, and email throughout the day. If the battery was really at 3% after the reboot then I wouldn't have been able to use my phone another day.

So im not really sure its a battery problem. This problem only started after upgrading to ICS.

Upvote 0
The options I'm seeing are to try the factory reset in case you had issues due to the ota which is pretty common to all android phones. Or just go straight to trying a new battery which is less hassle but involves being highly overcharged for what you're getting, if you buy a stock battery. And the final option is to root and install a custom rom. (If its a software issue which you're guessing it is)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones