Major city community gatherings

1. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

Dont have time to delve into it (wrapping up my break), but was wondering if the idea if member gatherings had been considered. Something on a city by city basis, with the intent of strengthening the AF community already established. Benefits could be, better sense of community (obviously), new friends, possibly open new doors for some people, and for a few people it might mean exposure to direct sunlight :p

Advertisement
    :
    sammyz and EarlyMon like this.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sounds good... Would be great if we could have regional lounge forums too but that would be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE undertaking
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I am very active in a small city in New Hampshire (25,000 night and 40,000 day). The number of events in this one location is enormous.

The problem is where do you draw the line for who is in and who is out?

Second problem, whenever you draw a line you alienate someone.

... Thom
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Maybe its something the members have to organise themselves.
  5. Savage Shadows

I'd be willing to organize a trial in Phoenix. Not fund, I'm not made of money, but definitely give organizing a shot. My obstacle would be reaching out to those in the area. Something like an IP address isolated forum message would be ideal.

And maybe selection would be based on frequency of forum activity?
  6. Savage Shadows

and to address the issue of alienation, in partnership with selection, this would of course be a reoccurring event with more opportunities to attend.
  7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

My travelin' days are over.

You can all come to my house, though!

[​IMG]

Plenty of room outside to do just about anything you want.