• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major differences between Gingerbead and Jelly Bean androids?

I have 4.1 installed on my OG Motorola Droid, but I am absolutely Upset over the fact that I basically cannot move my apps onto my sd card. That is just absolutely absurd in my opinion...

So I'm Seriously considering going to a Gingerbread rom - specifically the Steel Droid one.

What are some Major differences between Gingerbread android phones and Jelly Bean android phones?

Samsung added it to some of their phones after being caught out last year: their stock response to complaints about the S4's storage was "move apps to SD" except you couldn't. After it started reaching mainstream media they introduced an update that added the feature.

There are stories that it won't be there in the S5, but of course I cannot verify that.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Apps can be moved to SD in Jelly Bean, my Galaxy S3 has the option and so does my Note. Not sure where this myth came from..

The "Myth" is on my phone..Lol

No matter how many times I partition the SD card or anything, it's basically Impossible for me to put anything besides pictures on my SD card with the 4.1 jelly bean rom installed...Maybe since it isn't Samsung, it won't let me...but yet, idk..

But it's cool now. I switched to the Steel Droid 2.3.7 rom, and I absolutely love it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones