• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Major droid x problem. Need help

jakerocks

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
I just got my droid x on the internet and i tried rooting it many times with z4 and did not go well, the screen was black and irt froze many times. i really want to root my x, but i had to downgrade in order for it to actually be usuable. i want 2.3.3 rooted very much. PLEASE HELP! also, my keyboard now just closes (not a force close, just randomly closes intsantly). I NEED HELP!!!

I just got my droid x on the internet and i tried rooting it many times with z4 and did not go well, the screen was black and irt froze many times. i really want to root my x, but i had to downgrade in order for it to actually be usuable. i want 2.3.3 rooted very much. PLEASE HELP! also, my keyboard now just closes (not a force close, just randomly closes intsantly). I NEED HELP!!!

z4root won't work on 2.3.3 unless they were able to fix it recently and I don't know about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones