Major E-Mail Oversight (SPA)Support

Last Updated:

1. joeymogul

joeymogul Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All

I'm truly at a loss...I have the Motorola Droid 2 and can't send via my personal E-Mail account hosted on my server. I'm not referring to Gmail...that works fine. My outgoing server settings have a major glitch. They always use SSL so my server log is showing:

Sep 27 15:33:10 server vpopmail[5762]: vchkpw-smtp: password fail (pass: '6abfxXeb1xX352xX402axXf190871xXc') joseph@domain.com

I've read on other forums this is a known glitch or oversight. How can this be? Has anyone fixed it? I set my outgoing mail server to my Gmail account, assuming that the Droid 2 would be smart enough to leave my reply-to address as my joseph@domain.com address...but when ppl reply to my email, it goes to my Gmail.

This is ridiculous and this phone will be going back.

I have SSL open on my server, and it's still not working so it's not my server.

Any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Did you go to the google website to tell it to reply to email as your other account?

3. joeymogul

joeymogul Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you very much. I haven't done that but I will try it now. Im so shocked at this phone... I might go get my LG Ally back.

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Having gmail identify as another user account has nothing to do with the Droid.
    Even if that is your problem there are some ISP's that don't allow the disguise.
    So if you have gmail set to send as another user and you send to an ISP that doesn't allow it, it will send as the actual user on behalf of your alternate user.