MAJOR Instability After Installing Flash

Last Updated:

1. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed Flash the other day on top of my BB 0.4V and 1.1LV Chevy1 kernel. I've noticed some extreme unstableness since I did that and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar. I have to reboot at least twice a day now. I get constant FC's for various programs including launcher (ADW).

Sometimes it get's stuck in this weird loop where I can't get back to the home screen. I can hit back all day long and it switches between the dialer and the browser. During this time the home button is non-responsive. I usually have to reboot but sometimes going to standby (tap the power button) and coming back out it resolves itself as well. I've also had major headaches with screen rotation going haywire.

I'm about a hairs width away from dropping back to my last nandroid backup and forgetting flash ever existed if it's going to be this crappy. I seems to be not ready for release or maybe rushed to release (Adobe rushing releases? Never! haha).

Has anyone else observed similar behavior since installing flash? It doesn't matter what ROM, I'm just looking for any kind of pattern that I can point back at Adobe (not a fan - can you tell?).

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I have BB v4 with stock kernel with no theme and I have never had a single problem after I installed flash. Think your problem lies elsewhere. Sounds to me like you were ready to hate it before you even tried it but I could be wrong.

3. Scottmc

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate flash. I hate the improper usage of flash. Oh, and I hate Adobe, but not because of Flash. I have other reasons which I won't go into here.

I'm suspecting the theme I installed is not playing well after the Flash upgrade. I've had BB v0.4 with ChevyNo1 1.1 LV running for almost three weeks now without an issue. I installed a new theme about a week ago and installed Flash yesterday. It was yesterday and today that I noticed the instabilities so I assumed it was Flash. That is the only thing I've installed or changed on my phone beside the Theme.

4. istolvampire

sometimes certain combinations just don't get along. Such as kernel/theme, rom/phone or theme/flash. Might be your kernel doesn't like flash but you will have to find out through trial and error. I know my phone doesn't like cyanogen roms but others really like the way it runs. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

5. Scottmc

Went to UD8 with 1.1Ghz LV Chevy1 kernel and no problems. I like my BB - it screams - but I'm digging the customization options in UD8.

6. istolvampire

Glad you found a combo that worked for you. Been wanting to try that rom myself and now I might have to.

7. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

,CM6 smokes it IMO

8. Scottmc

CM6 runs a bit laggy on my phone for some reason. It does have some nice features though. If you haven't checked out UD8 yet you have to give it a try for a few days at least. There is so much customization it's insane and it runs pretty snappy. My quadrant scores dropped to about 1450 or so average (down from 1600) but I don't notice the difference. The ROM is well done.