MAJOR PROBLEM- Self Inflicted HELP [screen]

Last Updated:

1. AidanW

AidanW Active Member This Topic's Starter

Today im afraid to say that i dropped my phone, and the edge of the screen smashed along the metal edge of the stairs. There was enough force for the screen to break. The bottom left hand corner of the screen is now fully black (ink leak?) however i can still press a button that would be there and its function would still work- if that makes sense.
    I bought it online at this store Buy a HTC Hero Android Smart Phone (UK, White, English, Wi-Fi, GPS), #99HHM005-00-XX - eXpansys UK and suggestions on what i should do next? Go and try to get it sorted at a local market? Spend big bucks and get it repaired at a place like Carphone Warehouse in leeds? Ideas please!! I have no insurance that i can claim.
    Please help, as until i find a solution i am stuck using an old crappy phone!!

Advertisement
  2. Hordriss

Hordriss Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this kind of damage is actually ecomonically repairable , what with the screen being such a major component of a handset like a Hero.

You may not have mobile phone insurance, but have you got contents insurance? If you have, claiming on that may be the route to go down.

I would strongly advise getting phone insurance in the future, as you never know when things like this can happen and it can be especially costly when you buy a sim-free handset like you have done. In fact, many UK banks (I'm assuming you're from the UK looking at the link you bought the phone from) include mobile phone insurance with their packaged current accounts - I have phone insurance through my Lloyds TSB current account. That may be worth checking out in future as well.

3. jev

jev Well-Known Member

How old is it? Did you pay using your CC? If so, it just may be covered by the CC company - VISA for example covers all purchases for 6 months or so if I'm not mistaken.

4. GordonEndersby

GordonEndersby Active Member

5. AidanW

AidanW Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks great info guys! on turning my phone back on, it now fails to turn on alot of the time it fails to restart. Looks like this is more than a screen problem :( Around