• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major problem w/ games on S2

Kyusinx

Lurker
Jun 20, 2013
I bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Virgin Mobile edition) back in Feburary and I originally wanted to get into this game, "Book of Heroes"

I installed the game, went to open the app, and the screen would just go black with music playing for a full minute before the phone would lock-up and finally crash to home screen with an error message that let me send the report to the game devs. "unfortunately *insert game here* has stopped"

I tried un-installing and re-installing it a few times before giving up. The bigger problem is, this is happening to me with 75% of the games I try to run on my phone. It's so frustrating to find a game I feel like I'd really enjoy, and then it just constantly crashes before getting to even try it out.

I doubt this is a normal problem for the Samsung Galaxy S2 because when Googling it I find zero help. What causes shit like this to happen?

Hey, thank you for the reply. I already un-installed every game I don't really care about. My other installed apps are things like facebook, instagram, youtube, ebay, craigslist, tumblr, and junk like that. I kind of don't want to un-install that stuff since they're apps that I use even if some rarely.

When I turn my phone on, my RAM usage is around 450mb/829mb. But even before unsinstalling about 10 games, my RAM usage was still around 450mb. I'm not sure which of my apps could be hogging all my resources. But even clearing memory before running "book of Heroes" doesn't make it play.

Is there some kind of maintenece tool for android devices? I'm trying to avoid completely resetting my phone, but if there is some kind of CCleaner equivalent for Android, I'd like to try that out. (since I've installed and uninstalled so many apps it seems)

I never know what causes stupid little problems like my phone freezing, games not working, phone forcefully restarting, or keyboard failing to work right (lagging even) while texting.

:EDIT:
System storage: 1.21gb/1.97gb
USB storage: 6.09gb/11.49gb
SD card: 705mb/7.40GB
(what the heck is USB storage? I thought my phone only had Internal storage, and my 8gb SD card. I try to install my apps on SD card, and it seems here that my apps are on "USB storage." Not sure where it's getting 11.49gb)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones