Major problems updating Kies on a MacSupport

Last Updated: 2012-10-03 10:56:32
  1. Bijoux

Bijoux New Member

Hi guys.
    Had my Sammy a couple of weeks and LOVE IT! :thrasher:

1st android mobile so's been a steep learning curve.

However there is one sticky problem. I'm a Mac user and although I've installed Kies 1.3.0. 12072_ 17 on my macbook pro, I'm pretty sure it isn't working properly.

Firstly, i doesn't seem to do much other than import itunes playlists. Where's sms, diary,media and contact management? Secondly I keep getting a request to update to version 1.3.0. 12084_6 but every time I do it crashes and a huge error report is sent to Apple, probably sent 25 today!

Lastly when connected by usb, phone charges, but it does not show up in my Finder. Once I left it plugged in overnight and after a few hours it was listed as 'No Name' and only help 4 folders with no info or files in them.

I'm wondering, as I only connected it after the end of the US Apple verses Samsung lawsuit, is Apple messing with my Ace?

My Mac's running Snow Leopard OS X.6.8. My phone still has the 2GB SD card in but I'm waiting for a 32GB SD card to arrive.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm totally foxed!

If I try to down load the

Advertisement
  2. Kkuusakoski

Kkuusakoski New Member

My answer concerns my Galaxy S3, however, in case this would be of help:

Once I upgraded to OSX Lion (10.7.4) Kies started to work fine. I haven't however done much with it yet, only taken backups. With 10.6 it didn't work at all.
  3. robrait

robrait New Member

The latest version of Kies (1.3.0.12093_4) on my iMac (running Mountain Lion) doesn't recognise my ace as a supported device. When I installed the upgrade it kept telling me that I had a device connected, and it wouldn't install until I unplugged my (Samsung) external USB Hard disc drive!

Now that it is installed it's exactly the same as the old version - as soon as I connect the Ace it thinks about it for a short while and then tells me that the device is not supported. This happens when the external disc is disconnected as well.

I'm not that fussed about it really, as I have upgraded to Gingerbread over the air via the Ace's menu system, but I would be interested if anyone has managed to get Kies to work on a Mac with an Ace GT-S5830. My Ace is rooted, but Kies didn't work in its pre-rooted days either.
  4. gilly78201

gilly78201 Active Member

this might sound weird, but I'm just about to own the ace. I ordered it. and I've been reading online that the Ace is a phone made for asia. I've gone to the samsung site, and I cant find find the ace listed there, but I found the asian version of the samsung website, and there it is. so maybe we'd have to download the asian kies for everything to work right? it is in english. I'm still looking into this
  5. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Just because samsung didn't launch ACE in US doesn't means its made for only Asians! The ACE is quite popular in europe, russia and south america too, in fact it has most number of sales in europe.