1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Major Samsung Galaxy S2 problemsSupport

1. PMD

PMD Member

I've had my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 since about December of 2011. Today I had it randomly restart on me while I was at work. That's happened to me before but today I have a unique situation. The phone is stuck in a continuous cycle of restarting. It shows the Samsung logo, then the T-Mobile 4G splash screen and then back to the start again. That's all it does. I thought I'd try loading the stock ROM through Samsung Kies. The thing is... I can get the phone into download mode but it doesn't stay there unfortunately. It simply keeps restarting. The device was rooted but was running the latest stock T-Mobile ROM at the time. I did a wipe via recovery mode when I managed to get in there but... I'm not sure what else to try. I'd appreciate any insight anyone might have.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Did the wipe in recovery help?

If you're rooted, try flashing DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE in recovery.

You could try this, but I'm not sure if it will work with the phone in a boot loop.

Have you talked to Samsung about this?

And welcome to the forums. :)

3. PMD

PMD Member

Unfortunately the phone very quickly reboots before I can do anything.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Have you tried pulling the battery for about 30 seconds?

Did you try Odin?
  5. PMD

PMD Member

I've tried both. I'm very lucky to get the phone detected by Odin but unfortunately the phone reboots before it can start flashing the firmware. The phone has been rooted and that's something I did at my own risk so I'm reluctant to bring it in to T-Mobile.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Are you able to get into recovery and stay there?

You may be able to flash a stock rom and stop the boot loop if its a software issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about T-Mobile and rooting your phone. I have seen plenty of people get them exchanged.
  7. samsungadvice

samsungadvice Active Member

I am so sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it sounds very much like your phones boot loader has crashed. This will be a hardware fix and the phone will need to go back to samsung.

The only software fixes that are available, all require download mode or recovery mode. If you cant enter either of these, its the boot loader hardware that has malfunctioned.
  8. PMD

PMD Member

Unfortunately I cannot stay in recovery if I manage to get there. It just restarts.
  9. PMD

PMD Member

Anyhow.. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and started the warranty process. I don't remember thanking you for your help but thank you.. it is greatly appreciated.
  10. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. Sorry you had to go through that.

Good luck with your new phone. :)