Major Texting IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched and have not seen any sort of fix or answer for either of my issues and it has become VERY frustrating.

1.) my phone randomly stops receiving texts messages whenever it decides to. I do not have a task killer. I have not downloaded any new apps recently. it will literally work one moment then the very next day it's like text messaging was never invented. NOTHING comes thru. not even a test text to myself.

2.) I try to fix this by deleting the cache from apps like Twidroyd & Dolphin and then i go to delete text messages...and then the NEXT thing happens. I delete one thread of texts and my phone (at least the texting portion) freezes for like 10-15 minutes. these threads are lik 200 to 700 texts in length before i delete them. but i can only delete one at a time then it freees for 10min then repeat.

i pulled the battery and nothing changes...still not receiving texts.

i still have Fresh 1.5 or whatever it was. i haven't updated to 2.1 yet.

i wanna throw this phone out the f*ckin window!!!

Advertisement
  2. jordansaweirdo

wow!!! i just waited 25 minutes and it STILL didn't delete this thread. i pulled the battery after it froze for 25 minutes and the text convo was still there when the phone rebooted.

great work HTC & Sprint!!! works like a charm!!! *sarcasm*

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Are you rooted?

You should be able to delete all threads in the text messages. Also, if text messages are not important, I would delete threads once they get to around 200 hundred. I would delete all cache in manage applications on a regular basis also!

4. jordansaweirdo

i cant delete anything at this point without the phone freezing forever

edit: i'm rooted with Fresh build 1.1

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Deleting text messaging threads in Android 2.1 for the Sprint HTC Hero stock messaging app can be very slow if the thread is exceptionally large. I made the mistake of letting some of my threads get close to one thousand messages in size because I never had an issue with loading or deleting them in Android 1.5. It literally took about twenty minutes for all the threads to be deleted. I nearly thought my handset had locked up.

The best thing that I can recommend is to delete your text messaging threads about once a week. That is what I do now, unless I am text messaging more than usual, then I delete them even sooner.

7. jordansaweirdo

i went ahead and flashed to Fresh 2.4.0

now my next problem is i can't download anything from the market

in the mean time i'm gonna figure out how to get new lock screens etc