• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Make a flashable zip from a script help

nobreak1970

May 10, 2012
Can this script be made into a flashable zip for CWM?
I want try it to unbrick my phone.

ui_print("Performing Wipe...");
ui_print("Mounting mount points...");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/system", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/userdata", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mtdblock4", "/cache");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mtdblock2", "/boot");
show_progress(0.1, 0);
ui_print("Wiping BOOT, CACHE, DATA, SYSTEM");
delete_recursive("/boot");
delete_recursive("/cache");
delete_recursive("/data");
delete_recursive("/system");
show_progress(0.1, 10);
ui_print("Unmounting mount points...");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/cache");
ui_print("Wipe Complete.");

Last edited:
Also, why not just wipe those partitions manually in cwm. Just go to advanced and select 'format' for each of those partitions. Keep in mind that if you wipe system and/or boot, your phone will not boot up.

Also, each time you flash a rom it will wipe /system and then copy files to it. It will also overwrite the /boot as well. The only thing you would need to do manually is wipe data/factory reset to wipe the /data and /cache.

If your phone is soft bricked, just wipe and re-flash a rom.

Upvote 0
Also, why not just wipe those partitions manually in cwm. Just go to advanced and select 'format' for each of those partitions. Keep in mind that if you wipe system and/or boot, your phone will not boot up.

Also, each time you flash a rom it will wipe /system and then copy files to it. It will also overwrite the /boot as well. The only thing you would need to do manually is wipe data/factory reset to wipe the /data and /cache.

If your phone is soft bricked, just wipe and re-flash a rom.

here is the situation:
I hosed my /data partition.
My f3 can't connect to a PC anymore (not recognized), some hardware thing or related to this sitatuion, so I cant run adb on it to fix my /data mount issue I am having. I can flash a rom but it won't boot because of this.

So to summarize:
My usb to pc doesn't work (it will charge though and it's not a driver thing)
CWM flashes a rom error free.
A reboot after flash goes back into cwm recovery.
A nand restore in cwm doesn't fail, but only flashes a couple of files in system and then it's done.
Everything mounts fine except /data in CWM recovery.
The general fix is just a filesystem tweak by erasing userdata via fastboot.
I can't use fastboot due to my usb to pc issue.

Help?
Flashable zip would be my only hope to easily save this phone.
My theory is that my internal memory "/data?" is corrupted and can't be mounted. My fault I believe. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones