Make a Folder on DesktopGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MouseLuckyDog

MouseLuckyDog Active Member

I've been trying out a lot of applications and my desktop is getting rather busy because of it. I was looking at third party apps which put your desktop icons in folders, but heard there was a way touchwiz could do it. After digging and googling, touchwiz might be able to do it but I can't figure out how. So does anyone know if it can. If not can anyone recommend an app that does it and save me trouble evaluating?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Long-press on an icon on the desktop and drag it onto another icon.
  3. MouseLuckyDog

I think you mean "or" not "on".:D
    Thank you

A related question: can you create a folder inside the folder?
    I tried to but I couldn't find a way and when I create the menu, the "Create Folder" option is unselectable.
  4. Szadzik

You can create a folder within a folder by using Folder organizer first. Create folder organizer labels and put them on the desktop and then you can ccreate folders out of those.
  5. MouseLuckyDog

I'm sorry are you talking about some app called "Folder Organizer"?
  6. Szadzik

Yes.
  7. ChrisENote

ChrisENote Active Member

No need for any apps, just press and hold anywhere on your homescreen and up pops the choice to create a new folder or page.

Then you can drag things into it
  8. MouseLuckyDog

You can't drag a folder into a folder. I've tried.
  9. Stepheninkent

Stepheninkent Well-Known Member

I can create a folder long press then rename and move icons into it however they do seem to stack on top of each other untill you press the pile of icons then the folder will open alowing access to all icons in folder
  10. Szadzik

How else does a folder work?
  11. Stepheninkent

Stepheninkent Well-Known Member

The original post wanted a way to add icons into a folder that was on the desktop
    I found a way and was trying to help the guy out I perhaps may or not know how the folder works but was just trying to help answer the original question. Sorry if i have not done that.
  12. toby53

toby53 Member

I need a way to create a folder on the home page to hold a selection of pdf's that I have on the external memory card. Any suggestions please.
  13. Szadzik

You can only create folders with shortcuts to apps by default. You would need a file explorer that allows creating shortcuts to files on the desktop to achieve what you want to do.
  14. toby53

toby53 Member

Thanks for the reply, do you have any suggestions please. By the way I don't have any wish to 'root', thanks
  15. Szadzik

Who said anything about root? Es file explorer