Make a specific Home screen the primary?Support

Last Updated: 2012-10-02 04:02:21
  1. nik lauder

nik lauder Member

In stock ICS, is there a way to make one specific Home screen the primary Home screen, i.e., the Home screen that will always come up when the SGN is awakened?
    Does it require Nova launcher to do that? Can it be done at all, without rooting?

Advertisement
  2. mattywalnuts

mattywalnuts Well-Known Member

dont believe so, nova woule be able to, launcher pro etc
  3. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Never heard of that feature. Every launcher / home replacement I've ever used has been the same as stock.... returning you to whatever screen you were on when the screen shut off. Nova doesn't seem to offer it either, just the option to customize the action of the Home button (default screen, app drawer, etc).

I wonder if there's something like Tasker that might allow you to create a macro that says something like "at screen turn on, go to Home" or maybe "when phone is idle for 3 minutes go home then screen off". Never used Tasker or any automated service like that so I'm not sure what its capabilities are. You might want to ask over on the XDA forums as there are a lot of people creating all sorts of apps and you never know whats out there.
    nik lauder likes this.
  4. mattywalnuts

mattywalnuts Well-Known Member

You can set the default home screen in Launcher Pro...haven't installed it on my Nexus, but did have it on my first two Droids.
    nik lauder likes this.
  5. Mr. Poppalopolis

Mr. Poppalopolis Well-Known Member

Nova can do this. You can add and remove homescreens like app shortcuts and set any screen to default. It's based off the stock launcher so you don't really have anything to lose by using it.
    nik lauder likes this.
  6. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

Where in nova can you set your default screen. I only use two screens and cannot figure out in nova how to use the screen on the right to be my default.
  7. OhmEye

OhmEye New Member

I have exactly the same question.
  8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Yes you can set the home screen in Nova BUT it will still go to the same screen it was on before you wake the phone.
  9. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

Ummm....why not just set up the center pane with what you want to see first?
  10. pauldamo

pauldamo New Member

when you are in edit screens where you can add another screen and move them around,you should see a little house on the bottom of each screen,you touch the house on the screen you want as your home screen and it highlights,press your home button and that screen will be your home screen and will be the one you see first when phone is ready for use.