1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Make calls on your Xoom!Tips

1. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Armyintel96b

Armyintel96b New Member

The SIPDroid version you can download from the market no longer has the button at the bottom to setup with your google voice account. Let me know if anyone finds a work around. Perhaps there is an older .apk of sipdroid that will work.
  3. jhat3k1

jhat3k1 Well-Known Member

Unlimited skype out calls for 2.99/mo. Great call quality, no crazy workarounds, and all of it wrapped up in a nice app. Well worth it!
  4. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Well-Known Member

You need to have the Google voice app installed. The official one.
  5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Yeah it seems things aren't as easy as they posted it.... I'm having trouble getting it to work. I'm missing that step as well, so I just uninstalled the app.
  6. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Well-Known Member

Again, you need to have the official google voice app installed.
  7. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Well-Known Member

Wow for 3 bucks I'm going to invest in this thanks for the tip
  8. jhat3k1

jhat3k1 Well-Known Member

no problem, its thebest 3 bucks u can spend.
  9. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

google voice doesnt show up as an available app for the xoom. Doesnt show up for me anyway.
  10. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Well-Known Member

I have the same setup as on my Incredible. GV + SIPGate + SIPDroid works fine. Add SIPGate number to GV. Setup SIPDroid with SIPGate VoIP Phone settings. Run SIPDroid. Go to mobile GV site and call a phone.
  11. joepatterson

joepatterson Member

I am having a problem with google voice. Actually its more about the Xoom itself. The microphone port is not sensitive enough to pick up my voice for a call. It all works great if I use a bluetooth device, but without it no one can hear me. Any ideas....

Thanks
  12. atlsams

atlsams New Member

I use an app called grooveIP. You need Google voice with it but it works pretty nice over wifi or 3g
  13. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Agreed, like GrooveIP a lot, but I have issue with the volume adjustment.