Make calls, Random Pictures of android come up/can't dial *228

Last Updated:

1. karulio

karulio Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I a call is dialing or is hung up, random pictures of the android character pop up, like him playing baseball, eating a hot dog, sitting at a desk, playing guitar in the park... etc. Does anyone know what caused this to start? what program maybe? and a way to turn it off? I think it started right after I rooted my droid, it kind of acts like a screen saver type thing. I've waited a while to see if anything has popped up on the forums, and nothing has, it's annoying lol. oh and My phone will not dial *228, just goes back to home screen

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Do you see these images before or after the 12-pack of Budlight is consumed?

3. karulio

hahahaha very funny. No one else is having this problem? they come up on the screen and even have little hyperlink adds at the top of the screen.

4. TGryphon

TGryphon Member

You've installed an app which displays pictures after you call. There are several on the apps store with descriptions similar to: "Get a new picture every time you call! Keep dialing for random pictures from all over the world!"

5. Dj_Frost

Dj_Frost Member

I'm also getting the same thing, pictures of an android eating a hotdog, on the desk using a phone, etc etc etc...

I've installed a bunch of apps yesterday but I have no clue as to finding out which one it is.

Karulio: maybe since we are getting the same pictures displayed it might be the same program?

I downloaded a bunch of weather apps and games yesterday. The only weather app that remained on my phone (uninstalled the rest) was weatherbug and the games I installed were:

1) zombie run, zombie
    2) abduction
    3) tower raiders
    4) actionPotato

The following I had before on my Hero and didn't cause this issue but I'll throw them up anyways (maybe now they have an ad version or that picture after a call thing):

5) Robo Defense Lite
    6) Trap!
    7) Nesoid Lite
    8) SNesoid Lite
    9) Throttle Copter
    10) 2 Player Reactor
    11) Barrage Lite

6. karulio

I guess so, I dont know what program it would be, and seems to be you and me are the only ones having this problem, it's a little annoying. Not sure what program it would be, I'm wondering if someone knows?

7. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

8. Dj_Frost

Dj_Frost Member

Guess I'll post over there as well... thanks

9. Dj_Frost

Dj_Frost Member

Found it...

it was 'Calculation Display Calculators'

Basically I just started read through the reviews of my installed programs until I found one with a review saying it installed another software without one knowing.

10. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I would suggest anybody else that installed this app go to the market and select "Flag as inappropriate" select "other" and report the problem. I am not to keen on unknowingly installing hidden applications.

11. Dj_Frost

Dj_Frost Member

Exactly what I did.

12. cpetku

cpetku Well-Known Member

So would this be the first Droid "Virus"?