• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make my Huawei my Ipod, How?

danaj

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2010
Tucson, Az
I just want to know how to load my songs from Itunes on to my Ascend, (Cricket). I have some songs on my memory card, but I can only find them if I go through the file manager, and not the music player. I searched all the threads, and didn't find the answer to my question. I want to be able to replace my Ipod with my phone. I can get one song to play, but then every time it ends, I have to pick a new song and play it. I want play lists like on my Ipod. Anyone know how to do this?

What I did was create a folder on the SD card named "Music" and copied the .mp3 files over. Then I tried the stock music player, which was crap. I've tried 2 or 3 others, and I have to say PowerAmp does exactly what I want it to do.

On first run, it searches for media files, and it found my music folder quite quickly. It has several options, including creation of playlists, and in my experience, it automatically starts playing the next song in the list, even if you haven't created a playlist but are just picking a random song.

My favorite thing about PowerAmp is that it doesn't just lump all songs in a list view, but actually views by folder and will let you pick from those folders. It's not much fun scrolling through a whole GB of music when you have things grouped by folder. So, two thumbs up for PowerAmp, and I think it will do everything you want it to do.

Reactions: danaj
Upvote 0
I bought a 32 gig card for my Assend. I've loaded a lot of music onto it, not from Itunes, but from my own My Music file. Some comes up on my card and a lot doesn't. So now I'm more understanding about the stock player. The 32 may end up being too big for the phone to manage....Maybe there's an app for that? I'm downloading Poweramp as I type. I'll see if that helps, sounds like it will.

Upvote 0
I thought I read somewhere it could take a 32. Ok, I just started up poweramp and am listening to my music now. Thinking that it could take some time to switch to another folder, I just did and it only took moments!!! This is so awesome, I got the 32 off ebay for $54. It came from Hong Kong and ended up taking 6 weeks to get here. The slow boat for sure. It was worth the wait. Now I can't wait to turn on the stereo bluetooth headphones and rock out!!!

Upvote 0
im trying poweramp...but cant get the playlists to work...the already existing ones are not seen by poweramp...and i can create them...but i cant figure out how to use them...i only am able to see the playlists when adding something to them...its no option for just playing a playlist...

im still on the demo...does this functionality open up when u buy it?....without playlists the media player is useless...

are there any alternatives that actually sound good?

Upvote 0
I recently found this very cool app that appears to be THE answer (or at least a VERY GOOD answer) to the iTunes problem.

The program is called Easy Phone Tunes and is free but to be honest you really need the upgraded (non-free) Easy Phone Tunes Plus

This program is pretty amazing to me and I say that because it seems to totally allow you to use iTunes as you would with an iPod/iPhone but with your Android (and in my case the beloved Huawei Ascend).

So in short if you are using iTunes and want to sync your music and audio podcasts to your Android ... well ... here you go. This program is a MUST!

Upvote 0
Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
i absolutely cannot figure this out. ive got it hooked up, but i cant make a new folder on the sd card, i put the song on my phone but when i look on my phone i cant find it. i made a new folder called music on the phone memory but it doesnt show up on the computer when i look. i just wanted to toss on a couple songs. not sure what im doing wrong. i get my music from frostwire if that helps.

thanks!

Upvote 0
I recently found this very cool app that appears to be THE answer (or at least a VERY GOOD answer) to the iTunes problem.

The program is called Easy Phone Tunes and is free but to be honest you really need the upgraded (non-free) Easy Phone Tunes Plus

This program is pretty amazing to me and I say that because it seems to totally allow you to use iTunes as you would with an iPod/iPhone but with your Android (and in my case the beloved Huawei Ascend).

So in short if you are using iTunes and want to sync your music and audio podcasts to your Android ... well ... here you go. This program is a MUST!

I haven't tried this yet but it seems wonderful!!! Thanks for finding this:D

I'm getting ready to try it now so I'll let ya'll know my opinion on it too! Sounds cool! :)

i absolutely cannot figure this out. ive got it hooked up, but i cant make a new folder on the sd card, i put the song on my phone but when i look on my phone i cant find it. i made a new folder called music on the phone memory but it doesnt show up on the computer when i look. i just wanted to toss on a couple songs. not sure what im doing wrong. i get my music from frostwire if that helps.

thanks!

Amanda...try this:

Try putting the music into these folders on the sd card - names are descriptive of function:

/media/ringtones
/media/notifications
/media/alarms

That's standard Android, should work.

Credit: EarlyMon (moderator deluxe!)

Upvote 0
Amanda...try this:

Try putting the music into these folders on the sd card - names are descriptive of function:

/media/ringtones
/media/notifications
/media/alarms

That's standard Android, should work.

Credit: EarlyMon (moderator deluxe!)
I'm trying to do this too (I want to put songs on my phone to use them as ringtones). I don't see those media folders. Where are they on the ascend?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to do this too (I want to put songs on my phone to use them as ringtones). I don't see those media folders. Where are they on the ascend?
theres another way too, from the music player, long tap a song, a menu should pop up with the option to set as ringtone. After a song has been set like this it will show up in the ringtone settings menu.

Reactions: awgz17
Upvote 0
I need to copy cd's for class onto my ascend and don't know how:thinking: My mid term will cover 2 and final will cover all 4. I want to listen to them on my phone. Have folder on laptop but don't know how to move folder to phone.
Download handbrake, you'll need to convert the DVDs to a smaller, usable format so they play on your phone.

Reactions: SLF718 and KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones