• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make SMS Notification Vibrate

Bump

I'm wondering, as well. I know that if you want everything to vibrate all you have to do is go to settings, sound & display, and turnoff audio notifications and turn on vibrate.

What I'm, actually, wondering is how to make it vibrate and ring at the same time or have one notification, say text, vibrate only and have other notifications ringtone only...

Upvote 0
I always like ot have my sms vibrate and my phone calls vibrate, never make noises. How do I make different vibrates for my sms notifications and incoming calls?

To make SMS messages vibrate:
"Messaging" -> Menu Button -> "Settings" -> Vibrate option is at the bottom of the list

To make incoming calls vibrate:
"Settings" -> "Sound & display" -> "Phone vibrate"

Upvote 0
For the OP: You'll need either an alternate ROM that allows customizing of hte notifications, including vibration patterns, or else an app that does the same.

@tideland: change your notification ringtone to one that is silent - some phones have it included others, you'll probably have to find one. If your phone does nto allow for separate tones for calls versus notifications, then you'll probably need to use an app to accomplish this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones