• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Make sure apps don't get rejected because of similarity

Pi_is_42

Lurker
Jul 26, 2015
Hi,
I have created an application using Phonegap for a platform similar to Wordpress. The app allows users to login into their accounts, view personal messages, files, etc. Now, I want to publish the source code so that developers can grab their own copy of it and submit it to the PlayStore/Appstore. What I am worried about: Apps sometimes get rejected due to the fact that they are similar to another one. Is there any way to prevent this? A few colors and the site name will be changed by the site owners, but the core will stay the same. I saw many companies selling apps like I am planning to do and it doesn't seem like there are any problems. How can they make sure there is no rejection because of the similarity (in this case in my JS files)? Should I change the source code for every copy of it? (this might be pretty hard but I could change the order of my JS functions or rename some objects, randomly include some useless scripts etc) Or am I just way too worried about this?

Thanks for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones