1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

make tablet work on verizon?Support

1. dyenasty18

dyenasty18 New Member

Can I make my Samsung tablet 5113.. work with Verizon. My tablet is WiFi only but I want it to work with Verizon so I can have 3G

Advertisement
    :
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Welcome to the forums! unfortunately if your tablet is a wifi only device there is no way for it to be put on any network :(
  3. dyenasty18

dyenasty18 New Member

I was hoping there was a way to load it with software so you could
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Unfortunately, Wifi only devices lack a piece of hardware necessary to connect to carrier towers for data. That is why devices that run on carrier networks are more expensive, you're essentially paying for the hardware. If you have an smartphone on verizon, and a limited data plan, you could wifi tether it to the tab to give it data, but this will use your data so watch out. If you have an unlimited data plan, you would need to sign up for an unlimited tethering plan to do this.
  5. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

The unfortunate reality is that depending on your carrier, if you decide to do this it can cost a pretty penny. Worse yet, if you do it without signing up, you could breach your contract IF they found out, and they could cancel your service. I "dislike" (there are other words i could use) this "nuisance", because of how much we pay out to have service; the least they could do for us is offer it free. :stupido2:

Sorry off the beaten path here...its too bad about the Wi-Fi only version, but YGWYPF.
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Verizon is no longer able to block tethering apps on the market for limited data plans (thanks to the FCC), so they can use those safely use those, but indeed depending on usage that can result in quite a pricy bill. If on unlimited and caught "illegally" tethering, they have been known to simply terminate the unlimited data plan and put you on a limited plan, then pillage your wallet with overages. Dirty to say the least.