Make the font bigger?

1. nyx2710

nyx2710 New Member

hi i'm new here, so quick background. i have a droid x, recent purchase, but the CIO of my company just got the atrix 4g and wants me to find how to make the font bigger on all screens. I found the email size, but he wants text, etc larger, are there any suggestions? i've downloaded a couple apps i found in a search on my own phone, but nothing like what he wants yet and i need an answer fast. TIA!!! NYX:eek:

Advertisement
    :
  2. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

There is an app in the market called Font Changer but it does require root. As far as i know it's not possible to do without rooting the device. If i find anything else i will update my post.
  3. artbytes

artbytes Well-Known Member

If you use Dolphin Browser, there is an Add-on for changing the text size. Zooming helps with browser text size, too.
  4. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Does your CIO need reading glasses? I had just started to need them when I got my last phone, a Nokia E71. Made sure you could get an app that would make the fonts larger first (though just relied on the Nokia shop staff!). It sort of worked in some apps but wasn't a great success. Plus the app developer never kept up with new firmware releases.

I got my current phone (Desire HD) partly because I thought the larger screen would also help the "lack of eyesight". Coming from an IT career that involved many years with computer graphics though I knew all about font sizes compared to screen size and resolution and didn't have any realistic expectations that it would actually help any. Just a gadget lover at heart .....

Anyhow, tell your CIO to just give up and use reading glasses. It'll make you life easier anyway!

Dave