1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Make the soft End Call button go away...

Last Updated:

1. scatterd

scatterd Active Member This Topic's Starter

I really want a way to disable the soft End Call button that pops up in call. If there is an app or widget that some one knows of that can help me,can you please let me know? I'm sick of my face ending calls in the middle of a conversation. Apparently, my cheeks hit it at just the right place to hang up on everyone. Any ideas / help?

Advertisement
  2. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Sounds like your proximity sensor isn't working properly. If the phone is anywhere near close to your face, the screen shuts down and shuts off when it's working right. In fact, on mine, I have to wait 1 or 2 seconds after I remove the phone from my ear before the screen comes back on.

3. scatterd

Would a case interfere with that at all? Where is the sensor? Same area as the light sensor?

4. xxwckdxx

xxwckdxx Well-Known Member

The hero doesn't have a proximity sensor, but someone made a app that make use of one of the light sensors go to the market and search for proximity sensor thats what it is called

5. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

The OP will have to use the Auto Backlight Adjustment option (under settings) to use the "Proximity Sensor" app.

6. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

Just grow a beard. That should stop the hang-ups.

It works for me anyway. :)

7. scatterd

I don't know how well I'll do on growing the beard with my lack of Y chromosomes and all...

But thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try out the app and see how it works with my next call...

8. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

Some people have had problems with the proximity sensor with the factory plastic still on the screen. If yours is still on then remove it and see if that fixes your problem.