• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make USB "storage" the default

Dandapani

Jul 25, 2010
My wife got a new Ally and I'm trying to help make things easier for her. Whenever she plugs in the USB cable her PC starts hunting for the USB modem driver, when all she wants is to connect the phone as USB storage. She has to pull down the notification menu and select USB storage. Is there a way to make that the default so she doesn't have to select it on her phone each time (and avoid the PC hunting for the drivers)?

I own an HTC Incredible and I can choose the default setting to use when connecting the USB.

My wife got a new Ally and I'm trying to help make things easier for her. Whenever she plugs in the USB cable her PC starts hunting for the USB modem driver, when all she wants is to connect the phone as USB storage. She has to pull down the notification menu and select USB storage. Is there a way to make that the default so she doesn't have to select it on her phone each time (and avoid the PC hunting for the drivers)?

I own an HTC Incredible and I can choose the default setting to use when connecting the USB.

Theres an app in the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones