Make your Google contact list conciseTips

1. starpa

starpa Member

By default when you sync your Android phone with your Google account it syncs every single contact. This fills your contact list with hundreds of no-reply@donneedthisemail.coms and plenty of addresses that are just not useful.

I came to the conclusion that most of the contacts I use frequently have phone numbers attached to them.

If you want to slim down your Google contacts list you can display only contacts with phone numbers to make organizing your contacts easier.

To do this open Contacts on your Android. On the main screen hit the menu button. One of your options is "Display options." Press this on check "Only contacts with phones."

My contact list when from over 800 to closer to 80. And it was pretty much all close friends, family, and clients.

From here it was much easier to add contacts as I needed them.

Advertisement
    :
  2. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member

You call 80 contacts concise???

I'm looking for a setting or aftermarket app that will let me start up Contacts with MY CHOICE of Group displayed.
    By default Contacts starts up with all of your contacts displayed.

You have to manually select Groups and then scroll down to the group you want to display EACH time you start up Contacts!
    I thought these were supposed to be 'smart' phones?