• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Makes me Smile every time

I so agree and the best part is China is known for being very bias when it comes to national company's. I remember a few years back one of the major American auto company s tried to sue a Chinese company for making a exact rip-off of one of there cars. It was obvious the care was a rip off but the American company still lost.

I know its not going to put as big a dent in Apple sales as lets say Japan or America but still. China is still a decent size market to lose special to something like this.

I hope they sue for like some absurd number like a trillion dollars. I also hope they bring it to European, American, and Japanese courts. This could get so funny if nothing more they could tie up Apples legal team for a good long time.

Upvote 0
Company Uses Leaked Pics to Build and Patent iPhone 5

Every time I see this pop up brings a smile to my face. I really hope they give apple the same kinda hell they gave samsung. :D

If they actually did patent the device. I am not sure until I see the patent number.

In thinking about it, if the patent is based upon "leaked" Apple images, how can they sue? You cant base a patent on another companies property especially if you state the details came from Apple information. Apple owns the "leaked" product stuff, after all.

Hey Early . . . what am I missing?

Upvote 0
If they actually did patent the device. I am not sure until I see the patent number.

In thinking about it, if the patent is based upon "leaked" Apple images, how can they sue? You cant base a patent on another companies property especially if you state the details came from Apple information. Apple owns the "leaked" product stuff, after all.

Hey Early . . . what am I missing?

Lawsuit would be based in China and china is notorious for siding with company's based in there country.

Seems a while back Chinese company ripped off one of the major automakers designs. The auto maker then took it to Chinese court where the courts decided it was ok. It was blatantly obvious the care was a exact copy of its American counter part.

Upvote 0
I will laugh at Apple if this company succeeds but like Bob said not sure how it will hold up, even with the previous example of the automotive company in China. To add I believe that design is "intellectual property" of apple as well. We know the results if it were in a US court, but we will have to find out the ruling if it does happen

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones