• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Makeup - is it fair?

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
in love and war... anything goes right?

but somethings are just... not fair.
you buy one thing and get another.
women have so many tools to "enhance" their presentation ..
that make it soo skewed in their favor.

push up bras
body wraps / stockings

then there is makeup..
http://rottenpanda.com/26-photos-that-demonstrate-the-power-of-makeup/23/GB

do you think it is far??

Reactions: Curtis1973
Well anyone is able to walk into a store and put on so much make that they look like a clown.

We / men can do it too if we want to :D

anigif_optimized-1646-1451946163-1.gif

:D:D:D

Also you can even put it on your doggy! If some one has too much spare time on their hands they can also (DICTATORSHIP FORCE ATTACK!!!) "willingly" put make up on your poor doggy that can't even decide for his / her poor defenseless self...

hilarious-dog-with-makeup__aside.jpg

f35009621dd92db2559efe373be75820.jpg

I kind of feel that this world today is so plastic..... I hear you dan the man.... I underdan stand what you are saying... there's so much plasticity in our world today... I know what you are saying buddy...

Such a fake plastic world...

We have blow up dolls to fill the gap that either the person couldn't get a girlfriend... didn't want all the troubles that come with a girlfriend.... all the emotional crap with a girlfriend.. all the money stealing with a girlfriend...

I kind of agree with the blow up doll actually now that I think about it... you get all the benefits minus the insane shit and death threats!

And in fact I feel there are many products that Thai Lady Boys aspire to use...

Like this guy for example:

makeup-for-men-350.jpg

It depends on the individual I guess

Upvote 0
I had the misfortune of seeing Star Wars Holiday Special a few weeks ago, and then just seen this thread, and thought of it.

Mark Hamill looking like he should be in a kabuki play or Peking opera, and not as a Jedi. :D
10972250_gal.jpg

I think the pic is from a bad VHS or Betamax tape or something though.

Boy George circa 1983.
boy-george-685109l.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who cares if a woman (or man) wants to wear a bit of makeup. If it makes someone feel more comfortable or confident, I don't have any issues with it.

To me it's the same as looking at 2 pairs of jeans/2 shirts/2 jackets etc and choosing one because you think you look better in them.

Mrs Presidente took some medication in her early 20's, had a really bad reaction to it and as a consequence has some scarring on her face. She wears makeup to cover that and despite anything I do to tell her otherwise, doesn't feel at all confident or beautiful without it. Is that fair?

It's not makeup, but I have a beard because it (mostly) hides my double chin and I genuinely think I look better with one and I feel less confident without it.

Why isn't it "fair" if someone uses something which helps their confidence?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me too!

I am also not too sure how to treat some topics... because this world is filled to the brim with sooooo many crazies (or is it misunderstood? ... Is everything and everyone misunderstood...?) it is scary how you can't even speak without being attacked....... It is scary!

I wonder how good a question like this is... dan is trying hard to make a serious point and here I was being a bit of a douche bag in a way.

I actually seriously agree with you dan in a way bro

I just wish people would love each other for who they are and not what they look like or how much "mascara" cover's their eye balls or how much cancer inducing paint is on their lips...

I guess love is such a complicated discussion or thing it feels almost impossible to understand it... because it is unique to each and every single one of us... how define it if it is almost impossible to define when it is unique to every single one of us?

If you want my serious view on what is fair and not fair then I guess I could say that it is out of choice where women want to dress up how they dress up... how men want to dress up how they want to dress up....

Dan there is nothing stopping you going into the store and looking like a cucumber or getting make up to look like a cucumber

After all guys..... let us not forget how cucumbers have rights too! :)

cucumber_mask.jpg

Errr.... what the hell was I talking about again?

I just can't remember now :/

Do cucumber's have rights guys?

Yeeeaaaah.... I guessss sooo.... yeah...

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
If you really want to step way back and look at things from a sociological level, a lot of things we humans do are odd. From hairstyles, facial hair, styles of dress, decorating ourselves with shiny metal and rocks, growing long fingernails and painting them bright colors, or painting faces to accentuate beauty. It's all weird if you really think about it, but just part of the human experience.

Upvote 0
If you really want to step way back and look at things from a sociological level, a lot of things we humans do are odd. From hairstyles, facial hair, styles of dress, decorating ourselves with shiny metal and rocks, growing long fingernails and painting them bright colors, or painting faces to accentuate beauty. It's all weird if you really think about it, but just part of the human experience.

Isn't all to do with attracting a mate? A peacock has flamboyant feathers (yeah I know that's the male). Humans have make up, nice clothes, grooming etc.

Most of the oddities of human behaviour around mate choice make more sense in the light of what's called "sexual selection", a subform of natural selection. Peacock feathers are a great example of this, actually:

When you think of natural selection, most people are familiar with the concept that behaviours/traits that enhance the chance of survival are selected for, because they give you more time to stick around and breed, ultimately passing on your genes to the next generation.

Sexual selection however is where certain behaviours/traits make you more appealing to the opposite sex, even if that comes at the expense of your own survival. The peacock tail is a great example; they take energy to grow and carry around, and they make it harder to hide from predictors. Therefore a large peacock tail is a testament to how strong and capable, and how desirable of a mate, the peacock is.

Humans are no exception to sexual selection. High testosterone, for example, will give a male a stereotypical masculine appearance which, by and large, is seen as attractive. However, testosterone also suppresses the immune system. So if you look very masculine, and you haven't died of disease so far, this is a signal to a female that your immune system must be very strong - a trait that she would want to pass on to her children.

Human behaviours surrounding attractiveness are motivated in this same way. At the end of the day, you're always in some way trying to tell your potential mate how great your genes are, or how well you could protect/provide for your offspring.

Upvote 0
Wife is drop dead gorgeous and never wears make up. I don't like it when women paint themselves up to look like Clowns, but at the end of the day. I already have the woman of my dreams so I don't care what anyone else does.

I have a friend who is a hair stylist and she paints her face and mostly her eyes up then has all these really weird hairdos going on all the time.
I personally think she looks like a raccoon who did a few lines of coke then got electrocuted but if it makes her feel good then I hope she keeps doing it her way.

Upvote 0
I prefer a natural looking woman anyway. I have never been attracted to heavily made up women, so I have never been surprised "the morning after" as it were. In fact my wife looks beautiful without makeup, she has the cute girl next door quality that transcends makeup. So do I mind? No. But I would say this, if you like the "made up" look, why would you complain if she didn't look like that first thing in the morning? It should only take an hour or two for her to get looking that way for you again. ;)

Upvote 0
Humans are no exception to sexual selection. High testosterone, for example, will give a male a stereotypical masculine appearance which, by and large, is seen as attractive. However, testosterone also suppresses the immune system. So if you look very masculine, and you haven't died of disease so far, this is a signal to a female that your immune system must be very strong - a trait that she would want to pass on to her children.

Exactly.

I first did the mating dance for Mrs Presidente because she was never off sick and she ALWAYS won the arm wrestling contests at work.

Upvote 0
lol... to all the responses. funny or serious ones

my post is more about how some women are so talented with makeup..
they can create a totally beauty .. go from a 4 to an 8.

normal men.. don't have these advantages.
well we do have one. $$$
a lot of cash (more than 1 million).. can make a 4 to an 8.
but this is not available to MOST men. :p

a little make up .. to enhance is cool. nice even.
but sometimes, in some situations... it is not fair.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
And don't sell Men as a gender short. Men do lots of things to appear more attractive than "fresh outta bed". Facial hair can be styled a number of ways to accent the shape of your face (or hide parts of it ;)). Hair, clothes, glasses. I mean it's not totally transformative, like makeup, but the facial hair thing is in the same neighborhood. My wife requires I have facial hair of some kind as without it I look like my older brother and she is no bueno on that.

Upvote 0
lol... to all the responses. funny or serious ones

my post is more about how some women are so talented with makeup..
they can create a totally beauty .. go from a 4 to an 8.

normal men.. don't have these advantages.
well we do have one. $$$
a lot of cash (more than 1 million).. can make a 4 to an 8.
but this is not available to MOST men. [emoji14]
a little make up .. to enhance is cool. nice even.
but sometimes, in some situations... it is not fair.
The simple fact that one would give a woman numeric value based off her looks says a lot at why some women feel the need to wear makeup.

Upvote 0
I think this entire topic is just stupid at this point.

Who gives me, you, or anyone the right to determine if a woman is "ugly" or not, and if makeup get make her look "pretty"
Then you have a poster who then apparently feels it is necessary to give women a numeric value based off of her looks (1 to 10 I assume).

It's a sad day when no one sees anything wrong with this.

Reactions: Stuntman
Upvote 0
I think this entire topic is just stupid at this point.

Who gives me, you, or anyone the right to determine if a woman is "ugly" or not, and if makeup get make her look "pretty"
Then you have a poster who then apparently feels it is necessary to give women a numeric value based off of her looks (1 to 10 I assume).

It's a sad day when no one sees anything wrong with this.

As I said before, it's superficial. If someone wants to rank women purely based on their looks, that is their view, and they may be looking for very little from a relationship than a sexual encounter, no more. Groups of men rate women all the time like this, so there's no wonder they slap on the makeup to make the most of what they've got.

But obviously to form a lasting relationship with a woman can be a very complex decision, and lots of factors come into play in choosing your partner.

And women were ranked in beauty contests for a long time (Miss World). I admit we've moved on a bit since then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones