Making A Backup of Your Sense Scenes

Last Updated:

1. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought some of you might find this useful.

Making A Backup of Your Sense Scenes with Titanium Backup

Taken from Titanium CAN Restore Layouts - Sense "Scenes" - xda-developers and an entry by joel.bourquard:

You can backup the Sense "Scenes" by filtering for System items (MENU -> Filters) and then selecting the item named "[DESKTOP] HTC Sense 1.00".

Note that after restoring such system items, a reboot is needed for the changes to take effect.

In Titanium Backup, about 99% of the phone's useful data is included in the list of items. You just need to pick the right ones

Usually you use Batch mode to backup all the *user* apps, and then you backup most green *system* items one by one.

For restoring you don't need to do it one by one: just open MENU->Batch, scroll a bit and use "Restore missing apps + all system data". That should pretty much do it in 1 click - or a few more clicks if you don't have the Donate version.

Thanks and have fun !

Advertisement
    cdandrews and drdoom like this.
  2. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

I found this out by accident, but this is really useful information. Thanks for posting.

3. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

So if you do this, and you move from something like Virtuous to Uncommon Sense, will this work? Or is it if you only go from stock sense to stock sense? Sorry, was just planning on trying a few different types of ROMs, such as a Sense, Vanilla, etc... but have a feeling that I will probably keep coming back to Sense. But would like to keep my scenes if I can move from each.

Thanks!!!

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had this work when going from one kind of sense rom to another. Just be sure to remember that a reboot is necessary after the new rom is installed and loaded.

5. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Just so you know my back up Pro will do this also(I already paid for this when I had to replace my phone). I went from stock to Uncommon and I could not have been happier. Only thing I had to reload were a few widgets.