• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Making A Backup of Your Sense Scenes

dscribe

Android Expert
Jun 8, 2010
I thought some of you might find this useful.

Making A Backup of Your Sense Scenes with Titanium Backup

Taken from Titanium CAN Restore Layouts - Sense "Scenes" - xda-developers and an entry by joel.bourquard:

You can backup the Sense "Scenes" by filtering for System items (MENU -> Filters) and then selecting the item named "[DESKTOP] HTC Sense 1.00".

Note that after restoring such system items, a reboot is needed for the changes to take effect.

In Titanium Backup, about 99% of the phone's useful data is included in the list of items. You just need to pick the right ones

Usually you use Batch mode to backup all the *user* apps, and then you backup most green *system* items one by one.

For restoring you don't need to do it one by one: just open MENU->Batch, scroll a bit and use "Restore missing apps + all system data". That should pretty much do it in 1 click - or a few more clicks if you don't have the Donate version.

Thanks and have fun !

So if you do this, and you move from something like Virtuous to Uncommon Sense, will this work? Or is it if you only go from stock sense to stock sense? Sorry, was just planning on trying a few different types of ROMs, such as a Sense, Vanilla, etc... but have a feeling that I will probably keep coming back to Sense. But would like to keep my scenes if I can move from each.

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
So if you do this, and you move from something like Virtuous to Uncommon Sense, will this work? Or is it if you only go from stock sense to stock sense? Sorry, was just planning on trying a few different types of ROMs, such as a Sense, Vanilla, etc... but have a feeling that I will probably keep coming back to Sense. But would like to keep my scenes if I can move from each.

Thanks!!!

I have had this work when going from one kind of sense rom to another. Just be sure to remember that a reboot is necessary after the new rom is installed and loaded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones