• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Making An Android Application/Mobile Web App

Hello,

I have moved your thread to the Developer 101 forums.

Also, please take the time to read the stickies in both Developer 101, as well as the main Application Development (where you originally posted) forums. You will find all of the answers you need for this question in some of those threads.

Lastly, welcome to AF. =)

Upvote 0
depends on the application, there are fully functional ones and ones under development as we speak
are you looking for something specific?

Heya Yeah, I am , i would like to make an app either on these topics which are: concert app, emirates, fruit app. some have told me this is hard to make an app, so was wondering if these app are ok to make , and where i can find coding from these??

Upvote 0
There are three typical approaches to making an app:

1. Native coding, such as Java for Android and Objective-C for Apple.

2. Hybrid coding, such as using HTML/CSS/Javascript with PhoneGap to hook into the different phone's features. You would use PhoneGap (for instance) to build your app and Eclipse to create the apk file that is downloaded to the device.

3. Web apps. These don't use the phone's features, like camera or GPS. They are built entirely out of HTML/CSS/Javascript, just like a web page is made, and you would put it on your smartphone's home screen the same way you would any other web site. You don't need Eclipse to build web apps.

If you don't know HTML/CSS/Javascript, then you'll need to learn those before you can do #2-3. If you don't know Java, then you'll need to learn that for #1. Of course, in addition to learning the language, you'll need to learn to use the tools, such as Eclipse for Android apps and Xcode for iPhone apps.

One sample workflow I follow for getting an Android app made is in my blog post here: Cordova 2.2 Android App Creation in Mountain Lion with Eclipse: from Install to Google Play

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones