• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Making an install template

cormie

Apr 26, 2010
Hi,
I've finally set up my desire pretty well with all the best settings etc. I have a spare desire and at the moment have my friends desire too. I want to restore an image of my phone to each of the other desires, but at the same time, not have the google account info restored.

I tried do a clockworkmod backup and restore to each of the other phones, which worked, but I was thinking I could simply "clear data" of each app, to get my account details off the phone. Unfortunately this isn't the case and the only way is to do a factory reset. I'm using mildwild 4.3 and not prepared to change ROM as it's working fine.

Can anyone advise on the best way to get all the apps, settings and other "template" files to each of the new phones without the account info and without having to start from a factory reset with each phone?

The aim is to get all 3 phones set up the exact same way, but just with their own google accounts and no trace of other accounts. It'd also be good to have the template as a backup.

Any feedback appreciated
smile.png

Greetings cormie,

You need a file manager with root access like root explorer or super manager..etal.

1. Goto system/framework folder.
2. Look for framework-res.apk
3. Rename it to framework-res.apk.bak
4. Acknowledge any force closures or errors.
5. Rename once again to the original framework-res.apk
6. Reboot Phone.
7. ???
8. Profit.

This should get rid of any account info.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones