• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps making android phone into a joystick

zainasif

Lurker
Dec 17, 2010
i am a student of computer science and i want to make an android phone into a joystick/joypad for racing games. i have somehow not been set off in the right direction. so far what i have searched for is that android has a bluetooth library/api that it provides and maybe i can use that to communicate with a pc.
also once im successful in sending a message via bluetooth to the pc, then where do i go from there. i need to have some sort of code that overrides the existing joystick that the windows provides, that picks up my bluetooth signal and uses it. there is also the possibility of using wifi. please share your comments as to what do i have to do. i have some very basic knowledge about android development so please share whatever you can
thanks
zain

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones