• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Making app's to take only SOME portion of screen

So, I want to make an app that usses only some portion of screen, while the rest portion can be used by user.

For example, if a user open app through Home Screen Shortcut, app may cover 25% of height while rest 75% will be covered by home screen such that user can use both apps and home screen. Same applies to other scenarios.

I am actually trying to create a custom notification panel, hence want my panel to hide the original one.

If there is any other way to do this, plz tell me.

You just need to make the potion of the screen you want to "appear" as being not taken up by your app transparent. Also, i you want touch events to pass through your app, into the underlying app (for example the home screen), you need to register a View.OnClickListener with transparent layout and just return false.

Thanks dude. Love you. No Home:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones