Making backgrounds go into default backgrounds location

Last Updated:

1. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I have two questions about wallpapers on my nexus one. First off, is there anyway to take a custom image that I have and I am using and put it into the list of "default" backgrounds so that when I change it I don't have to go through that resize hassle and everything and I can have it in a more organized location. Also are there any applications or tools out there to get great looking wallpapers for the nexus one. Sometimes when using an image it doesn't look that good and the selection thing when doing it from the gallery is annoying because of the selection has to be a square yet my screen is 800x480.

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Not without altering the root on your computer, I can post some links, but you gotta know exactly what your doing.

What you can do is open your raw image in GIMP or Photoshop or any precise image cropping program and make a 960x800 crop of the image, that way Android should automatically select the entire image as you wallpaper.

Are you talking about the horrible square image thumbnails in the gallery or the orange image selection box once you choose your image?

The wallpaper size for the Nexus1 is 960x800, have you noticed when swiping screen pages, your wallpaper moves 1/4 of the screen?
    (120 pixels per screen page, that's 120+120+480+120+120=960 horizontal)
    That's why the orange image selection box appear almost square

3. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info, also if you could post those links i'd appreciate that.