• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Making gmail app only recieve emails but not send them?

JohnNova

Sep 28, 2012
Is there a way to only allow my gmail app to receieve mails but not send them? And the only way to send an email is to login in with a password?
Just incase someone I don't want has access to my tablet I don't want that person sending emails with it so this is just for security measures.

You could set up a PIN/Pattern lock on the tab itself?

Out of the box, I'm not sure you can configure Gmail that way, but there are a few applockers you could try which will force you to enter a password if you want to access an app.

That of any use?

I agree I don't think gmail has any options to accomplish this. But as El Presidente said an app locker should still allow gmail to run and show new email notifications. But when you try to read the email or go to send a new email it will ask for a password.

I've used this one before https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones