making HD videos?

Last Updated:

1. nc_latino

nc_latino New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make the old videos from your previous cell phone into High Definition videos for the EVO?

Advertisement
  2. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

urgh....no
    you need the source video to be HD.

3. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about taking the source file of his previous NON HD camera, say SD, and converting it to HD.

Yes, it is possible to do that, but it exactly wont be good quality. There's a program called "Video Enhancer".

Video Enhancer by Infognition - upscale video from SD to HD using Super-resolution method

Also if you have something like Adobe After Effects, or Adobe Premiere, you can try "Magic Bullet Instant HD 1.1"

Red Giant Software: Magic Bullet Instant HD 1.1

There are trials available for both, but I'm sure you can find a full version somewhere ;). I currently have both.

If this is not what OP meant, then ignore my post :p.

4. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

upscaling an SD video WILL NOT result in an HD video. it will result in a bigger file but still an SD video. pointless.

you need to film in HD to have and HD video, period.

5. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

While true, but HD doesn't always mean HQ, its just a higher resolution, such as HD resolution 720p, or 1080p, and these programs achieve that. May not be the best quality or "look" HD, but it's close to what you can do with SD sources. And you can always encode the file so its not a bigger file. I've encoded 4gig plus files down to 100-200+ MB files, and quality looks almost exactly the same. Windows media encoder 9 :D.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Garbage In, Garbage Out. I'm a TV editior, I live by this phrase. People come into me all the time asking me to make their old vhs tapes into high def video. It cant happen. Yes, you can physically take the video and upscale it to an HD resolution, but it will NOT look any better. You can rotoscope and go frame by frame and enhance each frame one by one, but that would take days for a few seconds of footage.