Making icons largerGeneral

1. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

I downloaded some custom icons that i like and when i set them as my icons on my homepage they are tiny. I am using LauncherPro and i am wanting to replace the dock icons but i want them to be larger like the LP icons are. So how do i go about doing so?? I am temporary rooted using Z4Root. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, what are the sizes of the icons?
  3. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

not really sure to be honest. I just found them on some random sites and downloaded them. I just know that i can barely see them when i place them on my dock
  4. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

I found them on my computer and clicked details and Resolution says 220x70
  5. Shorte85

Can you possibly provide a screen shot? But normally when I add icons to my docks I try to make sure they are at least 48 x 48.

Do you have an editing program? Like gimp, photoshop or something like that to be able to resize images/icons?

Also, not sure where you are getting the icons from but here are a couple places that I go to to sometimes combine icons, or use the single icons and what not for my phone and they come in different sizes.

Icon Search Engine - Download 300,770 Free Icons, PNG Icons, Web Icons <- This one I go to most often
    Icon Search Engine | Iconfinder

But normally I keep my icon sizes for my home screens at a size of 256 x 256 because the bigger and better the resolution of the icons the better they will look on your phone and they will size to the correct size you need. You may also probably do that for your dock, but I normally use size 48 x 48 for the dock icons. :)

Let me know if any of this helped you at all. :)
  6. Shorte85

Okay, but I'm talking more of the size. lol

It should look something like:

[​IMG]

If you right click on the icon or image, and then click on properties and then click on details you should see the Image dimensions like above image.
  7. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

No, i dont have photoshop or any other kind of editing software. Sorry, not much into that type of thing until i got my phone. So, if i take my icons and put them on photoshop and edit the size to 48x48 than they will show up larger on my dock bar?
  8. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

Sorry i meant dimensions, not resolution. The dimension size is the 220x70
  9. Shorte85

Okay, sorry about that. Dur me, 220 x 70 is a bit too big. What it's doing is downsizing because it's too big 220 wise. You are going to want to take and find icons that are more square in dimensions for the dock icon. Depending on what you are going for that is.

Is there anyway you could share what the icon is so I can get more of what you are trying to do?
  10. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

Give me a sec to upload to photobucket....thanks for the help
  11. Shorte85

No problem! :) I like helping people when it comes to something like this. :)
  12. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

says site is under maintenance and i cant remember where i found them on here
  13. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

These arent the exact ones but thiss is the style, i want to use call/phone, poeple/contacts, market, sms/text, and browser icons in these styles

Attached Files:

14. Shorte85

Here's a program I use, it's actually pretty nice and free: LightShot - free screenshot program

Download that for your PC, it is a screen shot program that automatically uploads the image to a site and you just have to give me the link that is provides to you to see the image you took a screen shot of. You can also size it so that it only snaps a shot of the image itself instead of the whole screen.

When you get that done, go ahead and post me the image that way. :)
  15. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

Let me know if my last post works...
  16. Shorte85

Okay this icon here:

[​IMG]

Is too large, that is more for the home screens I believe.

Here are icons that I use on my phone, which are more square in the dimensions.

[​IMG]

Each icon above are individual.

So if you are adding the appbrain icon to your dock, that is why it is appearing really tiny, it's because it's downsizing the 220 length.
  17. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

So, there is no way to make these work on my dock and actually look good??
  18. Shorte85

As far as I know, which I could be definitely wrong on this so please don't hold this against me. But I do not believe you can. Unless there is another app similar to launcher pro that can, but I haven't came across one yet.

Maybe someone else knows something I don't, but I don't think I've seen it done just yet.
  19. Shorte85

You can use text words though, I've seen that done a lot of times. You just have to size it right in order to look good.
  20. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

Well damn lol. Thanks for the help, I am trying to keep the dock very simple and all of the icons matching in style. I really want to use text but i guess the LP icons will have to suffice for now!
  21. Shorte85

22. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links but maybe its just me. Still think the text is to small for my liking. Looks the same size as the other ones to me!
  23. Shorte85

Hm, can you give me a screen shot of your phone screen so I can see for myself?
  24. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member

sure one minute
  25. Shorte85

I just made some text icons for my dock, and here's how they appear on my phone:

[​IMG]