Making music files a ringtone?Support

Last Updated:

1. overkill

overkill New Member This Topic's Starter

So I could easily do this with my other Captivate before I traded in for a new one (last one was defective, thats a different story) they are both rooted. the thing is I can't remember how I set my song as my ringtone. It is a full song and I easily set it as my ringtone. I didn't put it in a custom "ringtones" folder or anything. I know there are other threads on this but my situation is different.
    Help please.

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

In the music player select a song, then when its playing (or paused for that matter, but on the now playing screen) hit the menu button and "Set As".

3. crowley

crowley New Member

Or move/copy the file into the "/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones" directory (create it if necessary) to make it show up in the ringtone list.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

If you copy the file, it will appear twice in the music player app. If you add a .nomedia file to the folder, it won't show up as a ringtone.

Far better to use "set as" from the music player.

5. crowley

crowley New Member

Good point! I'm using meridian instead of the stock music player, so this did not even occur to me. In fact, this annoying behavior (index *all* media files anywhere on the phone) was the main reason to use an alternative player.