1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Making sounds when key is pressed

1. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

I turned this annoying feature off, but after the Android update, my phone is now making sounds when keys are pressed even though I have that feature turned off. Is this a bug, or is there another option I'm not aware of? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Can I assume, by your info that you have the Note 2?
    Perhaps toggle the setting to "on", reboot.
    Then toggle it "off" then reboot.
    I don't have that device but we can move this thread into the Note 2 forum if you like:)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

this sounds more like device issue. my evo 4g lte does not do this. i have mine turned off and there is no sound from it.

what device do you have? you might want to post there as more people with that device might be able to help you better.

the only thing i can think of is try a factory reset and see if that helps.
  4. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Hi Guys,

Yes, I have the Note2. I'm sorry...still trying to figure out which forum is the best to ask questions in.

I did as you suggested but still have the sounds when keys are pressed. At least muting the total sound on the phone rids it. Ha ha.

Thanks,

Jeff
  5. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Hello Again,

I went to Settings >> Sound and turned off Keytones and Touch Sounds, but the phone is still makings sounds when keys are pressed.

Is this a bug, or am I missing another option?

Thanks!

Jeff
  6. ocnbrze

ok moved you to the note 2 forum. hopefully someone here who has your deivce might be able to help you out better.
  7. mysticspiral

mysticspiral Well-Known Member

It sounds like a bug . If you already went into your settings and turned off.
  8. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Could it be possible that it's coming from haptic feedback? I know even with vibration, there is a 'sound' still being emitted. Though it only happens with key presses and nothing else.
  9. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

You can turn sounds and haptic feedback off in settings/sound/then either of the options under the System heading can be ticked or unticked.
    Also in language and input settings hit the settings cog by the side of 'Samsung Keyboard' (the greyed out one) then scroll down to 'advanced' and at the bottom will be 2 options for key tap vibration and key tap sound.
    After the 4.1.2 update my touch vibration and tones were back on also.
  10. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Hi,

I have Haptic Feedback turned off too.
  11. ocnbrze

did you try and go into the keyboard settings as evohick's suggested?
  12. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

Did you turn it off at both the Phone settings and under the Sound settings?
  13. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Hi Guys,

I went to Settings >> Sounds >> System and unchecked everything under System.

I thought these were the phone settings? Where else do I go to turn this off?

Thanks,

Jeff
  14. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Phone Settings are the through the actual phone app.

Open Phone Dialer>Menu>Settings>Ringtones and keypad tones>Make Sure Keytones is untoggled
  15. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

^^^^

Yeah, what he said :D
  16. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Dang! That's already unchecked too! Any other ideas?
  17. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Not sure you saw evohicks' answer, since you didn't respond to it, but this is the only other place I could see there being a sound option to turn off. This only applies to the keyboard (and I'm not sure which keyboard you're using). To get there:

Settings>Language and input>Settings Cog to right of Samsung Keyboard>Advanced>Un-check Key-tap sound
    jmbtexas4 likes this.
  18. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Ok, thank evohicks and drexappeal! I guess I missed that on the first pass. I found those Settings under Samsung Keyboard and turned them off! You guys are very helpful! Thanks so much!