Making text bigger & logging out of gmail ....

Last Updated:

1. JaniceH

JaniceH New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the MyTouch last night and still learning the ropes

Is there anyway or app that makes the text bigger... Im blinder than a bat and if i cant find a way buh bye MyTouch......

Also is there a way to sign out of my gmail account? I've tried to search this too but came back with nothing :(

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

You can make the text size larger by downloading "Spare Parts" from the Market. There are a number of things you are able to change, font size being one of them.

Spare Parts -

[​IMG]

Also, one of the reasons you can't log out of your Gmail account is because a main reason for Android and Google being linked is to always have your email on hand. When you see an icon similar to this [​IMG] in your notification bar that means that you phone is syncing your Email, Contacts, and Calendar. It is to keep you up to date on everything that is important to keep up to date. It keeps you organized. Also being logged into your Gmail it keeps track of your Market purchases and downloads, it links you to Google Checkout. Your Gmail account really runs your phone, so to log out of it would minimize the capabilities of the phone itself.

P.S. Why are you wanting to log out of Gmail?

3. JaniceH

Thanks, Looks like the Spare parts only works while your in that app, as soon as you go back to home screen it looses what you just did :(

I want to logout to switch email accounts, when i set it up i used the more popular one without knowing that it would keep me logged in, i want to use the one i get more of my personal emails on instead of soo much spam lol

4. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

In order to log out you would need to reset your phone. I would suggest you backup everything on your SD card to your computer, even though that won't be erased. But this is important, if you have downloaded any paid for apps back them up with Astro File Manager, otherwise you will lose all of those apps permanently since they are linked to that specific Google account that you started with. Then you will need to perform a master reset on your phone. Go to Settings-->SD card & Phone Storage-->Factory Data Reset-->Reset Phone. Just like that, and then you need to start over with your preferred Google account.

Sorry about the font size not working. Try to see if individual apps have the option to adjust the font size, usually texting apps will allow you to.

Don't get rid of the Mytouch, its a good phone. Try to work with the font size, Android is a great!

5. JaniceH

Thanks for all the help! :D

Ill try the master reset.